Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Leading Edge said:
I will set myself to the task again - with modifications like portion control and MRPs. This is similar to the process when I gave up cigarettes. There were several "practice" stops before I was able to cold turkey (couldn't resist a food allusion :D)

Now that I am aware of several underlying errors in approaching this lifestyle habit change that I did not anticipate, I have determined that this is similar to those strategic retreat to regroup "practice" stops.

This is only the beginning :rage:

That's winning thinking if I ever saw it!

I also quit smoking almost 8 years ago. I know how many false starts there can be.

I blew it last night, too. But I am going to try again.

Ellie Jane

New in Town
If at first you don't succeed....

So long as we keep at it right? I don't own any scales, so I'm not sure of my weight, but I am sure I'm sleeping better. I feel positively perky when I wake up which sure makes a nice change from the usual caffeine kick start. (not that I'm giving up coffee)

carter

I'll Lock Up
I completely fell off the wagon on vacation!
BUT, I had meals at places I don't get to often and with people I don't see more than once annually. Not excuses, just facts.
Now I'm back to water and a schedule.
I'll try to be good.

L'Eyela

New in Town
Ok, I'm totally jumping on this little wagon! I've been going to the gym for an hour everyday, usually after 6PM. Lunch is the biggest meal, I usually grab a 'small' something before I workout. And I think this thread has helped me! I'm distracted, just a few moments ago, I was pondering a banana with cold milk . . . or with a spoon of peanut butter. But I think I'll just go with ice water.

*sigh* Resist!!

No banana, no banana . . . :eek:

Feathers

Familiar Face
Tumbled...

Okay, ladies and gents...I've fallen off. Just twice but still I've fallen off. Oh, how I wish I had a set schedule at work. And I'm stressed! Preparing for a wedding is just the most stressful thing ever. It's coming up so fast! Only 5 weeks to go. On top of that I'm preparing to interview for a higher position in just 3 weeks as well! :eek:

So, stess? I'd say we've been holding hands a lot lately. :(

But I'm back on. I'm also doing 4 sets of 20 crunchies and 3 sets of 10 pushups every other day. I'd like to try doing those li'l exercises everyday but I'm doing pretty good now. I also ride by bike almost everywhere I go or I walk. (Exception: today I drove down to Wicker Park for a makeup consultation, woke up late...:eusa_doh:)

But come on everyone! We can do it!:eusa_clap

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I have gone off track about four nights since this started. That's a lot better than all of the calories I would have had all of those other nights, too!

Feathers

Familiar Face
very true, very true!

if you really have an urge for something sweet, yogurt parfaits are great! (we use soy yogurt in my house, which is really good!) just buy some of that, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, what-have-ya, and some granola and there you go! it's yummy as a dessert! :essen:

i heard somewhere that it takes about 4 weeks to break a habit. (pardon if i have that time span wrong...) anyhoo, if that's so, i think we're all doing pretty well!

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with the four weeks. Even though I had learned that it took two weeks to break a habit or form a new one, my experience with the no eating after 7:00 has proved otherwise. Come to think of it, that's what happened when I actually stopped smoking too.:eusa_doh:

After the binge day that went into the night, I took stock and realized that for me it probably began as a response to stress masquerading as a lifestyle that became a habit, a habit that was hard to break. My response to a stressful day is to mindlessly eat once I get home - and then fall asleep.
In spite of all the seemingly logical justifications - "I only have 30 minutes to eat lunch", "I get home so late", "there's no way to keep food at work", blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - my eating schedule, or lack thereof, has really been just a response/reaction to stress.
Whatever.

It's working for me now.
I no longer resist eating after 7:00 pm (or thereabouts; I am not going to throw away perfectly good food just because the clock strikes 7:00 pm, but I make sure I am finishing up rather than just starting). So hopefully, I won't get blindsided by another binge reaction.

BTW did I mention that since we started, I have lost two pounds?
(Notice I typed out the "2 lbs" out; it seems like more that way. :D)
*Oh, and the parenthetical gave me a chance to say it twice lol*

Feathers

Familiar Face
I just realized...I don't own a scale! I don't go to the gym either so I don't really have access to one. I always hated the idea of owning one but now that I'm older...well, maybe it's not such a bad idea, eh? I guess I can go by inches? I'll keep the measuring tape handy!

Congrats on losing those pounds! :eusa_clap

Travis

Suspended
carter said:
I'm completely off track!

Looking for my train!

I'm with you Carter. If you see the train, please let me know, the one I was on before derailed. I don't even know where the station is at now. In fact, I may not even be able to find a railroad crossing at this point.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Well then this would be good for me. For one thing, its easy to add to my routine and there's no more money getting spent on silly drinks and workout clothes.

I like to drink herbal tea with Equal in it at night. Its more soothing than water without any more calories in it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Viola
I like to drink herbal tea with Equal in it at night. Its more soothing than water without any more calories in it.

Has anyone here ever tried Dandelion Tea? I'm told that it may aid in weight control.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Has anyone here ever tried Dandelion Tea? I'm told that it may aid in weight control.

I haven't, but I don't much like the taste of dandelion. I bet it'd be easy enough to make, though.

Regular green or black tea has antioxidants in it, which I like, and some of the other herbal teas have assorted benefits. I find that chamomile, which is supposed to "relax" you actually pretty much knocks me unconscious, though.lol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Going to try this

Due to personal circumstances, I had to stop exercising and gained weight.

I miss my workouts and feeling good about myself. :(

I'll try and commit to not eating after 9pm (we eat very late for Americans)

Thanks for posting this; I need a support group to get moving again.

Vintage Betty

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Viola
Regular green or black tea has antioxidants in it, which I like, and some of the other herbal teas have assorted benefits. I find that chamomile, which is supposed to "relax" you actually pretty much knocks me unconscious, though. lol

Now that's different. Takes soothing to a whole new level. :)

I'll have to give it a try on those evenings when sleep takes a holiday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner