Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CASH FOR CLUNKERS

I did get it Sir, Thank you. I haven't done a count yet but my living room is filling up with hats for the Vets and is SO cool. Also, I'm sorry but I've misplaced my master list of gent's donating so am having to start over from memory. When ordering a hat please just remind me and I of course will honor the discount. I don't think there will be many missed on the list. I'm hoping to deliver on Friday all I have ready for them and then in January when I finish all refurbs. I'll keep everyone posted.
Mine went to UPS late yesterday, not sure it can get there by Friday...they mostly just need a ribbon...cheap head warmers....

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Way to go Art!
Do you ever get to see any of the gents that recieve these hats?

I did last year Rusty and it's pretty cool to see. If you go back in this thread you will see the pics of last year with one of the vets wearing his new hat.

"Art, will you be doing this next year?"
Well Perry, I started out at every two years but the need is such that it looks like every year now so please, when you are thinning out, send them out and I will add them to next years donation. I think I will make this an ongoing proposition.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mine went to UPS late yesterday, not sure it can get there by Friday...they mostly just need a ribbon...cheap head warmers....
No worries Tom, they all work. I'll just add them to the Jan. delivery. I haven't been able to get all the repair work done with everything else I've had going on.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
No worries Tom, they all work. I'll just add them to the Jan. delivery. I haven't been able to get all the repair work done with everything else I've had going on.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gentlemen, above and beyond is the only way to describe the Vets Hats program. Below is the 69 hats donated so far, 14 of which still need work but WOW, far surpassing last year and I know there are more on the way. I'm hoping to deliver about 55 tomorrow as we have a storm coming in on Friday and the remainder will be delivered in January. I will be taking pics of the delivery also for your consideration.
Thank you Gents, you are the best!!!

Vets20121-vi.jpg

OT1899

Familiar Face
Hey Art, That's great news! Thanks for the update and for the hard work you have contributed to this project!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My contribution is on the way, Art, and I should be in your que now or shortly. Payment sent. I also saw another that would fit in my stable well, and my birthday's in February. Hmmm.....

Thanks for doing this. I appreciate your work for our veterans.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
ArtFawcett_Dec2012-vi.jpg

Just wanted everyone to know the hats were delivered today, at least the first batch ( 17 for renovating still at the shop). I didn't count what I brought but it had to have been about 55 hats and before I left the Vets wandering through the halls were already digging into the pile and the boxes not shown for their sizes. I let everyone there know that the hats came not only from the USA but also the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, the UK, and France.

Please accept my warmest Congratulations Gentlemen, you made this the best year to date for this project and I could not be more proud of this group known as The Fedora Lounge

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gentlemen, it’s that time again!!!

For those that are new to the Lounge I am bringing up an old thread called Cash for Clunkers and posting this there also. Winter is right around the corner and the Vets are still in need so I am beginning the drive for hats starting today. Last year we donated 73 hats and I in fact worked into May to get them all cleaned and ready for wear so this year I am approaching it a little differently. I will give the normal $25 discount on your order for sending in a clunker but, if it is a good size and I DON’T have to do anything but give it away then I will double that discount to $50. Add to it a $25 Lounge discount and I hope this makes the price irresistible. Let’s see how many heads we can get covered this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda