Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere hats

new2hats

A-List Customer
Am considering adding a cashmere blend to my collection. How do these hats compare to the fur felt as far as maintenance, longevity, etc? Do they lose their shape easily? Probably not good to get caught in the rain? I understand that they are soft to the touch, and are blended with wool?

Anyone with pictures of cashmere hats on? Thanks!

Am considering adding a cashmere blend to my collection. How do these hats compare to the fur felt as far as maintenance, longevity, etc? Do they lose their shape easily? Probably not good to get caught in the rain? I understand that they are soft to the touch, and are blended with wool?

Anyone with pictures of cashmere hats on? Thanks!

Hi new2hats

I like cashmere blazers, sweaters etc however I purchased a Cavanagh Fedora last week on ebay # 200832192903. Sorry can't post photobucket down. Anyway the quality is great but I cant shape her to give me a sharp curvey look. The brim is small also I noticed that must cashmere hats are glen plade in color. My experience is limited so hopefully others will contribute. I am sticking with my fur felt vintage and leaving the cashmere material for blazers and sweaters etc.
Best regards
CCJ

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
New2Hats, are you talking a cashmere felt blend, or a stitched cashmere fabric hat?

Last edited:
Hi folks

Hi Dinerman-- The Cavanagh I referenced above is marked cashmere on the leather sweat band, so I am guessing the fabric is 100% cashmere. I probable will wear it to keep my head warm only. If you get a chance check out the item via the ebay listing for better reference.
It was a $35.00 mistake on my part. But live and learn.
Thank you again.
Best regards
CCJ

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The only company today that makesa cashmere blend hat is Guerra. Borsalino tried it but its too soft of a material to make into a dress hat. If you are talking about a fabric hat, thats another story.

new2hats

A-List Customer
The only company today that makesa cashmere blend hat is Guerra. Borsalino tried it but its too soft of a material to make into a dress hat. If you are talking about a fabric hat, thats another story.

Exactly what I was looking at. Looks good, not sure if it almost be too soft, like an open crown. I like strong pinches and centerdent so not sure if it would be frustratingly soft. Wonder what % is fur and % cashmere?

new2hats

A-List Customer
Hi new2hats

I like cashmere blazers, sweaters etc however I purchased a Cavanagh Fedora last week on ebay # 200832192903. Sorry can't post photobucket down. Anyway the quality is great but I cant shape her to give me a sharp curvey look. The brim is small also I noticed that must cashmere hats are glen plade in color. My experience is limited so hopefully others will contribute. I am sticking with my fur felt vintage and leaving the cashmere material for blazers and sweaters etc.
Best regards
CCJ

Guess I'll stick to fur felt.

-30-

A-List Customer
I will only hazard with the mention that cashmere does not felt to the same degree as would another type of fur -

rabbit/hare/beaver in that it may not have the "catchy/holdy/spiney" attributes as do the latter which allows the

formed felt material to matt effectively and, along with the addition of shellac, give more body hold.

After having drawn-up "hazard", best wishes to all re this Sandy Storm; batten down everthing including the hat ches for sure!

Regards,
-30-

J.B.

Practically Family
Stetson Pisa (soft cashmere/wool blend) at Bencraft:

300x300pisagrey.jpg

Stetson El Presidente (western beaver/cashmere blend) (eBay):

sbc399917370tp.jpg
sbc399917075tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members