Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVANAGH HOMBURG Won

Ande1964

Practically Family
There were several 7 5/8 lids on the bay recently, and I couldn't resist this one. I didn't really think I'd win it for what I bid, but that's how it worked out.

I don't own any homburgs now, as my wife tends to think I look silly in them. But, the open crown and the dark blue color won me over. Hopefully, I won't look like a total goober when wearing it.

Of course, more pictures when it arrives.

Best,
Anj

dnjan

One Too Many
Ande1964 said:
this one.
I don't own any homburgs now, as my wife tends to think I look silly in them. But, the open crown and the dark blue color won me over. Hopefully, I won't look like a total goober when wearing it.

Best,
Anj
Nice hat! But I'm a bit confused. I thought Homburgs had center dents. I would have called an open-crown hat like that a derby (bowler).

Still wish:
1) it was 7-1/8, and
2) mine!

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Glad you got it !!!!!

I was the opening bidder. I couldn't let that hat go for $25.
I'm not into Homburgs, but it was a Really Great Looking Hat.
Glad you got it
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Sweet (for both style and color)! I'm in the market for a homburg or bowler, too, and if there is a definitional distinction, would some helpful hat expert on the board enlighten me?

I'm very fond of the "Junior Executive" bowler that Jack Lemmon buys and wears in The Apartment.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice hat! But I'm a bit confused. I thought Homburgs had center dents. I would have called an open-crown hat like that a derby

Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I assumed this was an open-crowned homburg because of the height of the crown. It just looks too tall to be a derby, to my eye. Also, the same seller was offering another couple of homburgs.

I hope it's bashable!

Best,
Anj

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
If the crown is soft and will take a center crease, it's a Homburg. If the crown is hard like a helmet, it's a derby (A bowler is the same thing. One term is preferred in England, the other in this country.) :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
That's a Homburg. I have yet to see that wide of a brim on a Cavanagh Derby. Very nice and a rare color! Just pop a center crease into it, and you'll be set.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic