Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Mythic

New in Town
Hello! First time caller, long time listener here.. this forum has been a great resource but I figured I would finally make an account as I may have something to contribute... About three years ago now I bought a Buzz Rickson William Gibson horsehide peacoat, I had been eyeing it for a while and thought it was long sold out until one miraculously appeared for sale. I snatched it up only to be evisceratingly disappointed, particularly in the 'tea-core' finish of the hide which quickly became a mottled brown mess! The coat fit nicely and the construction is great but I just couldn't get over such a cheap looking finish on a supposedly premium product.
The search thus continued and I last year acquired a very lovely Made in UK 'Indian Motorcycle Co.' half belt in a pitch black chrome tanned steerhide. Around the same time I stumbled upon LOST WORLDS and resolved that, though I would continue plumbing used listings.. the answer would probably in the end be Lost Worlds. Now I've just wrapped up the process of spec'ing a coat with Stuart and should have it in 4-6 weeks, I'll certainly post some photographs here when it comes in! In the meantime I'm hoping to move this Buzz Rickson.

H Bar C
Marc helped me date it to the 70’s based off the label.
IMG_5495.jpeg
IMG_5496.jpeg

Looks cool?!

Manolito

Familiar Face
1716014243375.png

Just bought this Aero seal Leather A2 jerky horsehide from stock. I bought one A2 in 38 (which is my usual size, especialy at Schott US where it always works) last year. But it was a little too tight and one inch too short. I managed to sell it for the price I bought it. And I bought this one 40, the measurements seem OK, I keep my fingers crossed hoping it will be the right one !

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 614043

Just ordered one of these! First time ordering something directly from Vanson. I have four of their jackets that I bought used already.

I just picked up this Vanson Maverick. I have just one thing to say and that is:
If you’ve ever toyed with the thought of buying a leather trucker you must this instant go to https://www.vansonleathers.com, use the search bar to find the Maverick and buy it right now. I can pretty much guarantee you will love it.
Do it right now. Thank me later.
This thing is PERFECTION. Fits exactly how a trucker should fit, short and somewhat boxy. The colour is interesting. The leather is thick, grainy and have a soft hand. There is literally nothing you could do to improve this jacket.

IMG_1638.jpeg
IMG_1636.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I just picked up this Vanson Maverick. I have just one thing to say and that is:
If you’ve ever toyed with the thought of buying a leather trucker you must this instant go to https://www.vansonleathers.com, use the search bar to find the Maverick and buy it right now. I can pretty much guarantee you will love it.
This thing is PERFECTION. Fits exactly how a trucker should fit, short and somewhat boxy. The colour is interesting. The leather is thick, grainy and have a soft hand. There is literally nothing you could do to improve this jacket.

View attachment 615914 View attachment 615915 View attachment 615916
Wow, absolutely stunning. Perfect fit and beautiful leather. Congrats.

Everything PERFECT!!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Vanson know their patterns! Just perfect :D

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Nice one, but you get my „like“ mainly for the enthusiastic mini-review…:D

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
What size did you go with? 40?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Wow, absolutely stunning. Perfect fit and beautiful leather. Congrats.

Everything PERFECT!!

Vanson know their patterns! Just perfect :D

Nice one, but you get my „like“ mainly for the enthusiastic mini-review…:D

Thanks guys! To say I'm enthusiastic about this is a massive understatement. I'm over the moon. This is it. I'm finally complete. This has filled the leather jacket shaped void at the bottom of my soul that I've been trying to fill all these years.

Al 916

One Too Many

Beautiful Jacket! Perfect fit (great to see you also keep the cuffs undone)

And a rare Brown CW?! Maverick

(these are so good!.....and adaptable)

1000010068-01.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 10.22.16.png

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looks great! Which shade of Roma is this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou