Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Celebration Time

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Gang, the drinks are on me!

Today, I successfully defended my thesis, which means I've fulfilled all the requirements for an MA degree in History. Graduation's not until December, so I'm still looking for work in the meantime, and trying to decide if I want to go on for a Ph.D. That was my original plan, but I had such a rough year, a little burnt out, too, that I'm not sure. I've got a couple of months to decide before I think about applying.

At any rate, tonight I'm celebrating. Got a glass of Dalmore Scotch. Help yourself to whatever you want! :cheers1:

Brad

Mycroft

One Too Many
;)
Brad Bowers said:
Gang, the drinks are on me!

Today, I successfully defended my thesis, which means I've fulfilled all the requirements for an MA degree in History. Graduation's not until December, so I'm still looking for work in the meantime, and trying to decide if I want to go on for a Ph.D. That was my original plan, but I had such a rough year, a little burnt out, too, that I'm not sure. I've got a couple of months to decide before I think about applying.

At any rate, tonight I'm celebrating. Got a glass of Dalmore Scotch. Help yourself to whatever you want! :cheers1:

Brad

Congrads my friend, my all of the past keep you in buissness ;) :cheers1:

fifi

Familiar Face
Congratulations! What a great feeling. I too have a Masters degree (though not in History), so I know a bit about what you went through! I'm having a martini--gin, of course--in your honor!

Whitney

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hey, Brad -- Congrats to you!

I am drinking scotch and water (on ice) as I write this. Usually it is Jack Daniels, but right now it is Early Times. Here's to you and your M.A.

Are you looking for a teaching job, or....?

History is the greatest subject. I did not think so when I was a young thing, but realize, as I have made my way through life, that whatever I did and wherever I went, it was the history of a thing that I always sought out, in order to understand the thing itself.

Did you ever tell is what your thesis was? If so, I missed it.

karol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hearty Congratulations!

May I suggest that the doctoral thesis The Golden Era: The World Before the Decline is asking to be written?

As Steve Jobs says, you have to do what you love.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Congratulations!

I got my Master's last month, so I can empathize what you've gone through, and the elation with being finished.

No PhD for me, at least not for a long time, but in History, it's probably your best bet to go ahead and get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn