Celebrities jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ProteinNerd, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

I'm a Lynch fan and really liked Mulholland Drive. I don't remember him so I'll have to watch it again.

I was not a huge fan of the latest Twin Peaks but it was still better than no Twin Peaks at all so I took what I could get.

2. VillainOfNash

VillainOfNash One of the Regulars

Obviously none of you have seen him in The Leftovers tv show...by and large one of the greatest television shows out there IMO.

zebedee and Bfd70 like this.
  3. ton312

ton312

Yeah but they never show Thanos...

ProteinNerd and VillainOfNash like this.
  4. VillainOfNash

VillainOfNash One of the Regulars

His presence is implied.

ProteinNerd and ton312 like this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I never got through Twin Peaks the first time but I hear you. Lynch's kitsch surrealist style is polarizing. He is either an inspired genius or a self-indulgent tosser, depending on your taste. I personally go with the latter but you're right about Blue Velvet. It's pretty nasty but it holds up today.

ton312 likes this.
  6. ton312

ton312

There are moments in BV that still, after seeing it God knows how many times, make me incredibly uncomfortable.

Seb Lucas likes this.
  7. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Was in college when BV was released. I had no prior experience with Lynch and had no idea what to expect. I took this super hot coed to the movie on our first date -- first and last date -- she was horrified and never spoke to me again.

[​IMG]

8. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

All TV and cinema is subjective........but you are objectively wrong lol

The third season is a terrible terrible mess that makes absolutely no sense, there is no way in Hell Lynch had any plan or coherent story he was trying to tell.

It’s all a huge joke on cinemaphiles claiming it a masterpiece when it is clearly nonsense.

@Monitor we can no longer be friends [emoji6]

torfjord likes this.
  9. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Right, that’s it. I withdraw any nice comments I have ever made about your style or jackets and I declare you my arch-enemy from now on.
    :p

ProteinNerd, torfjord and Monitor like this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

Lynch did you a favor. :D

You know nothing, Protein Nerd.

But seriously, watch Lynch talking about how you gotta watch the series with earphones. He did most the sound fx and all the editing himself and there's a lot of clues that are equally important as visuals to the plot of the show. It makes sense, to some extent (and it's not that deep or meaningful, either), it just isn't in plain sight as I dunno... drama of the Game of Thrones.

But even as a collection of short, unrelated vignettes, it still is a masterpiece in its own right. I never actually went out of my way trying to figure everything that happens and was lost most of the time but regardless, I still immensely enjoyed every second of it. It is simply an experience. Lynch is a master at his craft. That's what its all about.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Fonzie likes this.
  11. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Im a simple man, when it comes to horror i just go watch john carpenter's or dario argento's.

barnabus likes this.
  12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I think you've hit on it - incoherence and indiscriminate symbolism is what some artists reduce themselves to if they are trying to look profound. It often gets them a following.

Well as a genre horror is best when it's not pseudo-intellectual so that's probably the right choice. But I don't think we've included Lynch as a horror director - his stuff is more about the uncanny and the macabre and his works are generally moral fables.

Incidentally Frank Booth in BV wears a leather blazer and it helps make him even more sinister.

ProteinNerd, ton312 and navetsea like this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

There's (either) a vintage cafe racer or a classically styled Perfecto in everything Lynch did. Someone always wears one. Except in Dune. I think.

navetsea likes this.
  14. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

In Twin peaks, Hank and Bobby and their leather cross-zip jackets immediately come to mind.

15. Monitor

Monitor

And the jacket that for many (me) started it all - James' Sears cross zip.

[​IMG]

Bennarion and Mysteryo like this.
  16. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

He just looks like some guy down the street to me.

Saxman and willyto like this.
  17. willyto

willyto One Too Many

Same here.

Also what's up with Starbucks and americans? It's everywhere and it's not like their coffee is any good or cheap.

18. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I wouldn't call it coffee. :D

willyto likes this.
  19. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

1bb246a350f1c6e7c98e4846791c87af.jpg Dodgeball+Celebrity+Tournament+6U8BDt8zPNix.jpg Lori-Hyuu-1189.jpg 9bec06c555c22f49369d73f6bcf1b86c--john-travolta-young-hot-men.jpg grease-1978-002-john-travolta-leather-jacket1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  20. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

That’s one of the things I like about this pic....he isn’t “trying”. It’s normal gear that fits well and looks good.