Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Censorship at Fedora Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Say, has anyone censored the FL's "Blue Movies of the Golden Era" thread yet? Just checking. And how's the "Best-Groomed Dictators of the Golden Era" thread doing?

I did a search for "gorm" and this is all I found: :p

1. Gorm the Old, a Danish king
2. Gorm (computing), a rapid application development tool
3. GORM, Grails Object-Relational Mapping
4. Gorm, a character from Galidor
5. 'The Island of Gorm' A fictional place from the children's toy 'Gormiti'
6. Gorm, the Gaelic word for "blue" found in for example, Cairngorm
7. Gorm, a range of storage furniture sold by Swedish outlet IKEA

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
:rofl:
I just found an example:
tumblr_m58no1kOi01r92xqj.jpg

I am going to call my wife to tell her to fire up the deep frier before I get home with the chocolate bars. :p

You got it in one. The Deep Fried Mars Bar! Earlier this year, Mars forced a chip shop that sold these things to put a disclaimer up, saying that the company did not endorse this kind of thing. Mind you, you can deep fry ice cream with the right type of batter. Did I mention that there are parts of Glasgow where the life expectancy is something like 57? Can't imagine why. Mind you, I've always fancied trying the Thanks Giving thing of a whole deep-fried turkey.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Putrid shark meat tastes like "...very strong cheese slathered in ammonia." You know you want it.

How do you slather something in ammonia. Also, to make that comparison you'd probably had to have tried the cheese and ammonia combination. You'd have to be really bored, or possibly Heston Blumental, to try that one.

You got it in one. The Deep Fried Mars Bar! Earlier this year, Mars forced a chip shop that sold these things to put a disclaimer up, saying that the company did not endorse this kind of thing. Mind you, you can deep fry ice cream with the right type of batter. Did I mention that there are parts of Glasgow where the life expectancy is something like 57? Can't imagine why. Mind you, I've always fancied trying the Thanks Giving thing of a whole deep-fried turkey.

57? Well, at least they die happy and satiated. :p
The deep fried turkey is great and I am a guy who hates turkey. It doesn't make it taste like turkey that is for sure. :p

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
57? Well, at least they die happy and satiated. :p
The deep fried turkey is great and I am a guy who hates turkey. It doesn't make it taste like turkey that is for sure. :p

I should imagine it's like the best KFC ever. I think more than two or three deep fried mars bars and your arteries silt up.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Have you ever heard of deep-fried waffle fries? They're fried fries. But deep. Waffly deep.

And then there's deep-fried Kool-Aid, and deep-fried Pepsi Cola. Don't ask.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Yeah! Fried kool-aid! Never tried it...but Nebraska is home to Kool-Aid. It was invented in Hastings, Nebraska. They even have "Kool-Aid Days" every year to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo