Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champ Featherweight Has Narrow Escape!

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
That box reminds me of the box I received from Hatsdirect. That box was smashed and punctured also.

Really loved how my box arrived with a little note on it from my local post office that said they didn't do the damage!lol

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's nothing......

MDphoto said:
That box reminds me of the box I received from Hatsdirect. That box was smashed and punctured also.

Really loved how my box arrived with a little note on it from my local post office that said they didn't do the damage!lol
.....you should see the box that Tom (Tango Yankee) got from DHL I believe.

I'm glad yours survived though......:D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, now this is gettin' good. A couple of posts up, I gooofed. I was SURE my Champ didn't have "Featherweight" imprinted on it anywhere, but I haven't had that hat out for a while so I looked and there it is right on the crumbling sweatband.

I'm still interested in seeing more pics (of the inside) of Marlin's hat for comparison.

100_0002.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Now here's the funniest part to me: I remembered that when I received this hat MY vintage Champ box arrived smashed to bits as well. It was packaged only slightly better than Marlin's but got crushed to pieces just the same. The link below shows what it looked like on the auction listing. I didn't photograph the carnage but should have since I was a little disappointed. The box would've been a cool part of the purchase. Is there some Champ Featherweight shipping curse out there?... Anyway, I don't blame the USPS; it was lousy packaging that caused this in my case as well as Marlin's.
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Champ Featherweight/

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
More Pictures

Hi HarpPlayerGene!

Your hat looks alot like mine except a different color. It's a nice hat. I wore it all day yesterday while I was in Tallahassee with my son (a SR accounting student at FSU). We were out, offically goofing off, looking at knives, guns, boats, cars. We had to check out the new sporting goods store that just opened in Tally. Anyway, it was hot outside, very humid. The hat did me just fine, keeping that 'ole FL sun off my bald head.

I attached some more pictures, showing the inside of the crown and the sweatband. Regards, F_M

101_0609.JPG

101_0612.JPG

KenS

New in Town
Sweet looking hat, I'm glad it came through OK. If I'm lucky I'll come across one in 7 1/8 some day.
Best regards, Ken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany