Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Seersucker Suit

troy

One of the Regulars
Hi Folks,

I found myself at my local Target store today, and found some seersucker trousers and matching jackets on the clearance racks. They have limited sizes due to being on clearance.

I understand that these are cheap Target suits, but, anyone who wants to pick up an end of summer seersucker, and doesn't have any real money to spend, or you're afraid to spill mustard on your good one - this may be the suit for you.

Together both pieces were under $50. Just thought someone else might be interested.

- Troy

Yes, thanks for bringing that to our attention. I may have to check it out tomorrow. Gotta pick up some other stuff (starch, light bulbs, etc.) anyway.

What's your assessment of the merchandise, troy?

troy

One of the Regulars
What's your assessment of the merchandise, troy?

Tonyb,

For the $$ it's definitely not bad. It's Target's brand Merona - that stuff is pretty decent for the money.

I don't want people to think that I believe this can replace A JAB, or Brooks Bros. - it is what it is - a decent cheap alternative.

I'll try to post pics in a day or two. I'm vacationing in NY state right now, typing on my iPhone.

- Troy

Geesie

Practically Family
When I was looking for a seersucker suit, I did see Target's suits. The quality was just too awful. I looked a little more and it turns out that Haspel, the most prominent seller of seersucker in the 20th century, makes a really nice suit and it was relatively cheap. I took it over the Brooks Bros. which even though it was twice the price wasn't as good. The main defect was its lining - it was fully lined like a normal suit, which defeats the whole point of having seersucker.

Kermez

A-List Customer
I got mine from Paul Fredricks last month. It cost me a little over $200. I felt pretty good about that, until I saw your price... :eek:

I like mine, and when I wear it I insist that people at the office refer to me as "The Colonel". :D

ortega76

Practically Family
I bought a seersucker suit from Jos. A Bank on a clearance sale about 2 years ago and it cost me about $115 with tailoring. It was November and the last one in the store. Great deal and I wear the jacket at summer outings (clubs) or the whole ensemble for the increasingly popular outdoor wedding. I rock it with a pink shirt or add a striped grosgrain belt that matches the tie I'm wearing.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I got what is presumably the identical seersucker suit on sale at Jos A Banks this summer, for about $200. I only wore it a couple of times in various mix and match configurations, but it's definitely a nice suit, and will be a valuable part of my summer wardrobe for years to come. It's made with some sort of super cool construction, very comfortable and light for extremely hot weather.

ortega76

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
I got what is presumably the identical seersucker suit on sale at Jos A Banks this summer, for about $200. I only wore it a couple of times in various mix and match configurations, but it's definitely a nice suit, and will be a valuable part of my summer wardrobe for years to come. It's made with some sort of super cool construction, very comfortable and light for extremely hot weather.

It definitely is a great mix-and-match set. The blazer sees more use than the pants, but I love the whole thing. Plus, it's a fabulous look at an outdoor party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy