Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Jacket No. 1 - Vanson "Rush" 2012 Tour Jacket

Plumbline

One Too Many
Stunning jacket ( probably not to the FL liking as it's a bit badged and bling) ... mid weight steer. Really well made and great attention to detail.

Much "quieter" in the flesh and being worn than it appears and really neat fit ( will probably send it back for one size up or maybe some adjustment ) as it's too tight to layer and will be a tad uncomfortable on the bike ... more of an Insurrection fit !)

It has some really nice touches like reverse zippers on the handwarmer pockets ( down is closed) ... zipped horizontal inside pocket ..... very neat cut bi-swing back and the sleeves are the perfect length and width.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Cool, coolcool, cool, cool! This one and the Chopper are so damn cool! Those black sleeve stripes really do a world of difference for what is essentially a standard CR. The logos are just as cool. Looks ace, man!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Nice looking grain on the jacket already. With Vanson they just keep looking better and better as they are worn. Well done. Is this the usual competition weight cow? I know you referred to it as mid-weight, and it certainly is lighter than say LW and Aero but it's a beefy and tough leather.

IXL

One Too Many
Well, it certainly is not the "Plumbline Fit," but is does look good. If you can still breath at all when it is zipped, even shallow gulps, you're okay, as it will break in. If you pass out after zipping it up, it is 1/2 size to small. This would be for the "Insurrection Fit," of which every rider should have at least one.
To quote my wife just now on the look of the jacket and fit, "Wowzers!"

Plumbline

One Too Many
It's really nice leather about 2.5oz .... just the right weight for a cafe racer.

I can breathe fine but it's tight man ... and I can't wear anything other than a T-shirt underneath. :(

Plumbline

One Too Many
There was a trial ? :) .... just had my remade Rush Vanson delivered in Houston ... should pick it up this week :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Are they still making it or are they only honoring your remake?? It doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

I think they sold out a while ago. They were available for a considerable time. I think they look great. I discovered them just before I came across
Aero, Langlitz and the Fedora Lounge etc. I didn't know much at all about the band, but I thought the jacket itself was way cool.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm tempted to just get a cafe racer and get my own Rush logo either painted or patched on. They're not even my favorite group-but their imagery totally gels with moto jackets. Good band to deck your jacket out in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes