Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas jackets, coats and all things warming

Hal

Practically Family
Here are a couple of reindeer I saw in August while at North Cape in Norway that I was not allowed to take back to Texas. I was told that it is a hanging offense there if one accidently hits one while driving an automobile. :eek:
View attachment 40573
I can't see any antlers on the left animal; both sexes of reindeer have antlers.
Your informant must have been pulling your leg; there has been no capital punishment in Norway since 1945.

Last edited:

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
I made the Mrs. a leather copy of a denim short jacket. After Christmas when things settle down a bit, I have a hide I've been saving to make myself a B-2.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I can't see any anlers on the left animal; both sexes of reindeer have antlers.
Your informant must have been pulling your leg; there has been no capital punishment in Norway since 1945.
Yep, hanging offense for turning a reindeer into road kill, but only community service for running down a person. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :D

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, one bid accepted and I have my first Christmas jacket acquisition. Still waiting on a response to my second bid.

Here is my first Christmas acquisition (BNWT):

fw1441075-01.jpg

1441075_4.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
A Lancer Clothing Corp N-3B (circa 1970) (still under the tree) and repro WW1 Australian Imperial Forces wool tunic (jacket). Both totally not essential, fun, cheap buys/gifts to me from the Misses.

At first it was "no way in Hell" on the WW1 tunic but she surprised me with ordering it. will be here in a few weeks.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
I get lots of "eye rolls" myself....:rolleyes:

only had the "no way in hell" over a couple hats, so just snuck them out under my shirt & put them on after were out & there's nothing she can do about it!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have two Reindeer skin rugs, and I have never seen anything like them for shedding hair. It's as if they get up and walk around at night.

Unfortunately I hate to tell you this but you bought reindeer skins that have not been treated properly. It's a mistake that a lot of tourists make as they don't know this. I nearly made the same mistake the first time I lived here but luckily my father-in-law was on hand and said, "no, that's not the ones that you want to buy".

Here are a couple of reindeer I saw in August while at North Cape in Norway that I was not allowed to take back to Texas. I was told that it is a hanging offense there if one accidently hits one while driving an automobile. :eek:
View attachment 40573

I'm pleased you got to see them when you were here Richard. We see them virtually everytime we go up to my mother-in-law's cottage/cabin up in the mountains, beautiful creatures. We actually had to rescue a calf this last spring which had got stuck in a mud hole.

They also taste damn good too!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Waiting on a Diamond Dave J-100 but it appears it will be after the holidays. (also around the same time I'm having some shoulder surgery so I won't be pulling on much leather during the month of January, unfortunately.)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Waiting on a Diamond Dave J-100 but it appears it will be after the holidays. (also around the same time I'm having some shoulder surgery so I won't be pulling on much leather during the month of January, unfortunately.)

Good luck with your surgery.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions re the DD J-100.

pawineguy

One Too Many
And that's why this year gift to myself is a Diamond Dave Buco J-100.

I have to wait approximately a month to have the jacket on my shoulders!

@pawineguy we think alike or I would say in this case we buy alike [emoji1] I hope your surgery will go well.

Thank you, and yes, we will have more than one jacket in common once we both receive the J-100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana