Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas jackets, coats and all things warming

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have coveted that jacket for yonks. I love MF's stuff and his attitude: http://www.styleforum.net/a/styleforum-visits-mister-freedom
The jeans I bought from him are fantastic, genuinely unique cloth and look, and I've barely started to make a dent on them. Unfortunately, they're a bit light for this weather, my 21ozers are getting a good outing at the moment, but come spring they'll be getting a good kicking.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I saw it mentioned in another thread last week and literally instantly wanted it...
Took me a week to take the plunge, not sure tan is my colour, but i can always experiment with dying it if it don't like it!

Also, i really hope it fits, pretty sure 44 was going to be too large, but 42 had narrow shoulders for me. I went with 42 hoping an unlined jacket would stretch a little. Fingers crossed it does.

A-1

One Too Many
Saw some photos of the Campus jacket and liked it. Most people rather wore it very tight.
On the downside in my opinion, I don’t like the tan color that much. And the leather doesn’t seem to be hard wearing at all. I think it is a jacket to be pampered. Haha.
But it’s a good concept and I like the look of it when it got darker, or the black model.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Have any of you guys ever put a big Christmas themed back patch or paintjob on the back of one of your leathers? I think a nice and intricate classical nativity scene on the back would be really cool , or a wreath with mistletoe

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Smithy, we get smoked reindeer over here in Lidl at this time of year and it is superb. You are probably right about those rugs !

Off topic to say the least :) but...

Incorrectly treated reindeer skins shed quicker than a woolly mammoth in a bath of hair removal cream. If you get good ones though which have been treated properly they are no problem. The family here use them for sitting on and wrapping up when you sit outside up in the mountains round the fire.

Pleased as well you've tasted them. We had roast reindeer just the other week with traditional Norwegian "viltsaus" (game sauce), a thick, rich gravy made with the meat juices, cream, juniper berries, spices and Norwegian brown cheese. Food of the gods I tell you!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Saw some photos of the Campus jacket and liked it. Most people rather wore it very tight.
On the downside in my opinion, I don’t like the tan color that much. And the leather doesn’t seem to be hard wearing at all. I think it is a jacket to be pampered. Haha.
But it’s a good concept and I like the look of it when it got darker, or the black model.

This is the picture that sold it to me! I'm surprised it's not been discussed more on TFL, barely any info on it...

tumblr_n1gw30exzn1rrhkt8o1_1280_zpsyelnexv4.jpg

I'll post a review when i get it and try to keep the thread updated with evo pics, let's hope it turns out well!
the flaw in my plan is that i live in a place with no sun...

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mister Freedom recommends actively/affirmatively sun dying the natural Campus jacket by placing it in the sun and applying certain oils:

350x700px-LL-15990671_Campus-Proto-Sun.jpeg

I know people who have achieved stellar results by affirmatively sun dying their natural Campus jackets. There is something very cool about creating your own, individual, unique jacket through this process . . . . and they look outstanding.

8020D140-4681-4CAF-96D5-D7A80C930C04_zpswscqx7pt.jpg

350x700px-LL-ccab70b3_f4ffa263fbbd0ebbf4ebfc5ef7118986.jpeg

A-1

One Too Many
Plus, I prefer individuality through hard wearing. Scuffs and marks.
However, it says in the description of the jacket on the mf website that the leather is not hard wearing at all and should rather be pampered.
But it may is a great idea for some people out there who are very interested in testing those oils and dyes.
I like to see the evolution of your jacket Carlos but it just wouldn't be a jacket for me. Haha.

Lovely. But I doubt those cats make anything near my size... once money comes again, I'll talk to the usual folks at GW and Aero. I think Deer is a good choice for SoCal too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21