Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Churchill's Bodyguard"

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Anyone here familar with a recent documentary titled: "Churchill's Bodyguard"?
I happened to see the DVD set in Barnes & Noble, but I've never heard of it.
When I checked Amazon's website, there weren't any customer reviews, which I found pretty strange.
The documentary supposedly tells the story of Sir Winston's primary bodyguard from the late 1920's to the 1950's and is based on the unpublished memoirs of the Scotland Yard Inspector assigned to guard the Prime Minister from, at least according to the DVD jacket, a host of attempted assasination attempts.
I'm curious first of all as to how accurate the information is, and secondly, how good is the actual production?
If anyone else knows anything about or has seen it, I'd be grateful for your review and opinion.
Thanks in advance.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

That sounds interesting. I don't know much about it, but I know someone who does.

Peter Botwright from Wested was assigned as one of Churchill's bodyguards in the early sixties.

Warden

One Too Many
It was a UKTV history production. It is interesting but low budget.

See link here http://uktv.co.uk/index.cfm/uktv/History.item/aid/536290

536290_L1.jpg

Warden D

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Thanks for the tip....

Warden.
It looked interesting, but having never seen it, I was hesitant to plunk down the money for somethng that might be poorly done, and worse, either inaccurate or so dumbed down so that it was just a re-hash of old information.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo