Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Songs Remixed

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Immediate thought, there's a Jaffa remix of Nina Simone's 'Black is the Color of my True Love's Hair' that is but a sad shadow of the original.

I can't think of a classic song remixed that I can get behind, but I accept the challenge... *trots off to reconsider and investigate further*

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Horrible!

That was so depressing I couldn't even watch more than a second of it, and I'm not even a big Gene Kelly fan, although I admire his work. The second one I clicked off before it even loaded! There is a cruise commercial that uses an old song done very modernly and blandly. I have finally put it out of my head, so I won't look it up. There was a hip-hop version of "Hail to the Chief" if that's what is it called that played on a car commercial for a President's Day sale that was extended to the end of the month, torture. I'd rather they take so-called obscure rock songs like Nick Drake's or 13th Floor Elevators' or The Kinks' and use those, without re-making them, at least I get to hear some good music while I'm not enticed by whatever they're shilling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou