Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing on my sidecar...

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Ok Gang. Talked to the Oddball Brand guys. Some pretty interesting stuff in the works! So I ordered a B&W sweater and received the following info regarding sizing for anyone interested. The sweaters in period images always fit really snugly so I'm going with their medium rather than their large. I also enquired about horsehide breeches, which sadly are not in the works. From Oddball Brand:

"Here are the measurements for the black and white "Harley-style" Sweater:
SMALL MEASUREMENTS:CHEST: 36"LENGTH OF SLEEVE FROM SHOULDER SEAM TO END OF CUFF: 27"LENGTH FROM TOP OF SHOULDER TO BOTTOM OF SWEATER: 25"
MEDIUM MEASUREMENTS:CHEST: 40"LENGTH OF SLEEVE FROM SHOULDER SEAM TO END OF CUFF: 28"LENGTH FROM TOP OF SHOULDER TO BOTTOM OF SWEATER: 25 1/2"
LARGE MEASUREMENTS:CHEST: 44"LENGTH OF SLEEVE FROM SHOULDER SEAM TO END OF CUFF: 28"LENGTH FROM TOP OF SHOULDER TO BOTTOM OF SWEATER: 25 1/2"
X-LARGE MEASUREMENTS:CHEST: 48"LENGTH OF SLEEVE FROM SHOULDER SEAM TO END OF CUFF: 28"LENGTH FROM TOP OF SHOULDER TO BOTTOM OF SWEATER: 26 1/2"

We accept payment through paypal at the moment. Just let us know which size you would like and your zipcode to calculate shipping charges and we'll send you an email invoice with the total.To answer your question, we're not planning on making leather breeches at this time, but we are planning on making other items in the near future, such as motorcycle hats, jeans, and kidney belts. If you have any other questions, just let us know. Thanks for your interest in our sweaters!Paul and John, OddBall Brand "

Ok, even if you're not into motorcycle clothing some of this still might be interesting. Flat Top, again, THANKS for finding this company!!!

Clint

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Boardtrack Racer Sweater

I recently picked up this sweater. I was a little hesitant at first, but after trying it on, I had to keep it. I was really impressed with the weight and construction; nearly identical to the vintage pullover sweaters currently in my wardrobe. Gotta love the wide waistband!
motorcyclesweatermar_lg.jpg

Here's another pic and a link.
motorcyclesweaterblkcrm_lg.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Here's a similar vintage sweater for comparison.
40smansknit~1940-s-Man-s-Knit-Sweater-Posters.jpg

By the way, this thread should have been posted in "general attire."

mattfink

Practically Family
flat-top said:
http://oddballbrand.com/oddball.html
I saw these sweaters in person and they're pretty cool.

Hey! My first post on here! As far as motorcycle sweaters go, Oddball Brand's stuff is by far superior to anything else being made out there right now. Not only that, John & Paul are two of the friendliest guys out there! They have some other styles coming soon too.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I saw Hem wearing a Barbour "International" cycle jacket, and they are very cool looking!! From a functional point of view you'd need protection underneath, but from a 'looks' perspective - very retro/vintage cool!!

Twit

One of the Regulars
Paddy, some of those pics are great, are they yours or just randoms?

The Velocette and Norton are great!!! I was at the Stafford classic bike show yersterday and was bidding on a velo; had a 10 grand limit as thats all I could really justify and the one I wanted went higher but there were some awesome bikes there, some just beautiful!

celtic

A-List Customer
The only 'vintage' style motorcycle gear I wear is engineer boots and bluejeans - and that's very rarely.

I usually wear modern moto-specific clothing that has padding/armor and abrasion resistance.

Of course, this in an entirely personal choice, and different people have different levels of risk they will endure (some think motorcycles in general ar too dangerous).

But in my opinion, there is often a tradeoff in safety vs. fashion and I generally choose the safer route.

YMMV.

Twit

One of the Regulars
I wear modern stuff on my bike too and from work, but it is a modern bike!

On the old ones I tend to wear jeans, red wings, my belstaff and a open faced helmet and goggles; it suits the bikes and they struggle to get much above 40MPH anyway!!!

Safety is the main issue to and from work, I'm less concerned when I'm bimbling about on the old bikes!

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
I like to wear gear that matches the bike I’m riding at the time. At the weekend on a 100 mile plus run on the 40s Norton I wore some my Aero long half belt in HH, an open face Davida with split glass goggles, vintage gauntlets, Draggin cargo trousers( Have abrasion protection) and a Barbour International stashed away in case of rain.

For me I like the thought of riding with the gear that may have been worn when the bike was new. Just to ads to the experience.

Sure it would be safer to have on a full face lid with lots of amour etc but it’s a considered choice that I make. Having said that for my girlfriend, who rides pillion, I am not happy unless she has on the latest full face helmet, leather jeans with amour and a modern armored Belstaff.

Last night I met an old pal of mine on a modern big bore Harley. Again has been riding for many years and has had a few bad accidents, yet he had some sort of small and illegal tin pan on his head!

Last summer whilst testing a 50s bike I went for a spin around the block with just an old sweater on (Helmet on of course). Not very safe, but felt great!!

Enjoyable and interesting thread this and some great old photos!

James.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Coincidence - I was at Stafford too. Use to own both Velocette and Norton. Those were the days...

Twit said:
Paddy, some of those pics are great, are they yours or just randoms?

The Velocette and Norton are great!!! I was at the Stafford classic bike show yersterday and was bidding on a velo; had a 10 grand limit as thats all I could really justify and the one I wanted went higher but there were some awesome bikes there, some just beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21