Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing on my sidecar...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Reference Pics (4)

Ham3.jpg

Jones1.jpg

Loftin1.jpg

Ludlow1.jpg

Pink1.jpg

Sprouts_Elder1.jpg

Steele1.jpg

Weishaar1.jpg

Willard_Red_Bryan.jpg

augustavanburen.jpg

Twit

One of the Regulars
James,

That looks like a cracking Norton, what year is it? I was looking at an 18H not so long ago which was in great nick but really really slow, whilst I liked it I didnt think I would use it!!! Would love to know more about yours!

I posted this on the other thread but this is my AJS, its a 16m; bit ratty round the edges but it gets used for trials so I'm too bothered about how it looks as long as it runs!!

154.jpg

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
The Norton is 1944 and a genuine RAF dispatch riders bike. Part of the last batch ordered by the RAF, according to VMCC records.
It’s my slowest bike but I use it often. It will thud along (if no wind or hills!) at 50 mph two up. Its just great fun.

I also have an Ajay, it’s a 55 18s which I am currently sorting my dynamo on.

Your bike looks cool, I like ‘for go not show’ bikes.

Your Lewis Jacket looks sharp. I am thinking of riding to their shop next week and riding back in a pair of Westway boots.

I find LL a fascinating company, it seems they make their product the best they can and then price it, rather than the other way around.

James.

Twit

One of the Regulars
That bike is great, I've often had an urge for a BSA m20, but they tend to need a fair bit of work when they come up... I'll keep looking!

The LL shop is a little aladdins den, if you have not been there its great as you can spend ages in there and Hiro is always happy to chat. If you have been there, then you know!! I love the westway boots, I was so close to buying a pair when I picked up my jacket; I'm sure it won't be long until I do get one! As you say, I'm really impressed with LL!

Under the counter there is a cool little collection of patches and badges, theres an Ajay one there but not for sale...

Have fun!!

jamespibworth@n said:
The Norton is 1944 and a genuine RAF dispatch riders bike. Part of the last batch ordered by the RAF, according to VMCC records.
It’s my slowest bike but I use it often. It will thud along (if no wind or hills!) at 50 mph two up. Its just great fun.

I also have an Ajay, it’s a 55 18s which I am currently sorting my dynamo on.

Your bike looks cool, I like ‘for go not show’ bikes.

Your Lewis Jacket looks sharp. I am thinking of riding to their shop next week and riding back in a pair of Westway boots.

I find LL a fascinating company, it seems they make their product the best they can and then price it, rather than the other way around.

James.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Disappointed? Oh yes!

Will book the day off for my 45th birthday, ride my 66 Triumph Bonneville in my Lewis Lightning to London, buy some Lewis Leathers Westway boots from the new LL shop.

Best call the to check stock first, OH NO: Sold out in size 9 and 10, and the Racer is sold out in 9 and 10!!!!

On order should arrive in 2 ½ months. !!

Oh Nuts.

James

mattfink

Practically Family
My friend Rico out of Chicago started making vintage style motorcycle caps under the name "Killer Diller". He can customize to your liking as well. Here's a few pics...you can get in touch with him through MySpace ( www.myspace.com/killerdillerjack ). I got a custom black with brown brim that looks amazing!

l_64dbb6ceec924723bea09e2a78991895.jpg

l_c60c6438d4724bf8a78e5050f77dd06a.jpg

celtic

A-List Customer
Kenneth Anger did a couple short films where he dealt with the aesthetics the 50's/60's biker/hot rod subculture.

of course his interest beyond art was the eroticism of the young men, so if you are put off by that i wouldn't bother looking at them...but otherwise they are a great time capsule into earlier time periods.

Kustom Kar Kommandos (1965)
Scorpio Rising (1964)

featured in this compilation:
The Films of Kenneth Anger, Volume 2

Unless you're a fan of avant garde/artsy films, don't bother buying...check into your local interlibrary loan program (mine had it!) or netflix...the films are quite short so it might be a waste of money otherwise...

2bc753a09da0383ab0265110.L._AA240_.jpg

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Great Hats!

Hey matt,

Thanks for posting the info on the hats! I'm definately placing my order soon!!!

Clint

mattfink

Practically Family
I don't know if any of you might have met John from Oddball Motor Clothing, but he passed away over the weekend. He was 25 and one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

Bobajobbob

New in Town
I ride a Triumph Bonneville and have always loved the 50/60s biker look. Commuting on the bike I wear simple modern textile gear with armour but it doesn't feel right. When I'm riding for pleasure I have a couple of Belstaff jackets, a Brad leather and a trialmaster, which I combine with jeans and redwing boots. I have a pair of triumph armoured jeans which are a good compromise. Lidwise a Davida jet with goggles is the way to go in summer though I also have a flipfront shoie with a few mods to make it better suites to the bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points