Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cold Cream- Brands and advice!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
VargasGirl said:
Problem is, I'm in the States. The shipping alone would probably break the bank! Does Boots no longer sell their own cold cream, or just not online? Is the jar you have in that old-timy looking tin someone posted a picture of?

You can't buy it from the site, but it's on sale in all branches of Boots. In that tin. I think the market that generally buys it wouldn't be shopping online!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Well, landgirl just said in the "back to zits" thread that it didn't make her skin better or worse but that the Ponds cleared it right up! I find it to be really great, but I haven't tried Ponds. I want to now though! We could always send you a pot. Though I still owe landgirl a sample of lottabody - I'm not very good at getting to the postoffice! :eusa_doh:

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
VargasGirl said:
Problem is, I'm in the States. The shipping alone would probably break the bank! Does Boots no longer sell their own cold cream, or just not online? Is the jar you have in that old-timy looking tin someone posted a picture of?

No it would only be a few quid for me to send it, if you wanted to have a bash with it then I don't mind posting it out to you?

starla

New in Town
Pond's?

Hi ladies!
My current face-cleaning routine isn't working for me...I've developed a rather peculiar (and certianly annoying!) dry and peeling patch of skin right in the middle of my forehead :eusa_doh: So I'm making the switch to Pond's!
My housemate who uses it also says that she finds it far too greasy...is this true? Is there any way I can counteract the greasiness? And would it matter that much if I have dry skin anyway?

Thanks...

G

GoldLeaf

I would recommend reading through this entire thread

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=12862

There is so much knowledge contained in there. I know it's long, but I learned SO much. I swear by Ponds. I compiled a routine based on what other ladies were doing that worked for me. I outline how I use it, and other ladies do the same in that thread. I am not greasy nor is my skin dull. I am smooth and blemish free. LOVE Pond's.

kinghipposcrown

New in Town
Since you're using Ponds, I might suggest visiting this promotion page for the upcoming movie event, The Starter Wife (a Debra Messing Movie).

I'm currently working on promoting the film and the promotion, and I know if you submit something for the Real Starter Wife Stories, you can either get a free delivery of "Just Because" flowers or a gift pack from Ponds. Either way, it's free stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/starterwife/sexyandsassy/index.html

I am another die hard Ponds user thanks to JBD's great advice. I always had problems with breakouts until I used it. I do occasionaly have flakey patches but that is just from needing to exfoliate. For that I use Olay's microdermabrasion and peel set every few weeks or as needed.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kinghipposcrown said:
Since you're using Ponds, I might suggest visiting this promotion page for the upcoming movie event, The Starter Wife (a Debra Messing Movie).

I'm currently working on promoting the film and the promotion, and I know if you submit something for the Real Starter Wife Stories, you can either get a free delivery of "Just Because" flowers or a gift pack from Ponds. Either way, it's free stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/starterwife/sexyandsassy/index.html

That's cool you are working on the promotions for "The Starter Wife". My parents play golf with Debbie Messing's parents and have been friends for quite some time. I've heard great buzz about her upcoming endeavor and am looking forward to it. I don't know Debbie, but I've spent time with her parents, they are such sweet people. Every time she premiers something, they invite all their friends over for a party. They are really sweet. It's good to know about the free ponds stuff, thanks for that. I love ponds. My mom swears by the stuff, she has been using it since she was old enough to use cold cream.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Funny that this thread came up.

I was using the regular Pond's cold cream but wasnt' really happy with the fragrance, so I bought the thinner Deep Cleanser and Make Up remover and after about a 2 week period, I went and bought the regular cold cream. With the Deep Cleanser my pore were HUGE, I mean you could have driven a bus into them. Now, with the regular cc, everything is back to normal. I'll just rinse my face with warm water after removing it to get all traces off. I usually just use the Ponds Exfoliating Clean Sweep wipes but the fragrance lingered.

So all is well with the pores.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
CherryRed said:
Another tip on the residue...remove it with a warm washcloth and follow up with a gentle toner like Olay or just witchhazel.

CR, I did that last night and it works much better. I do use the Ponds Exfoliating wipes but they didn't seem to get everything off as well as I liked.

G

GoldLeaf

I use a warm washcloth and then follow with a Nivea alcohol free toner and lastly a firming night cream :) No grease for me :)

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Do any of you ladies have any tips on getting Ponds Cold Cream out of washcloths? I have laundered the cloths in the washing machine, but they're still greasy. :eusa_doh:

--Leslie

G

GoldLeaf

Mine are fine, too. I wring them out well with hot water after I am done using them, and then launder them reguarly. Hummm.....

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
RaasAlHayya said:
Do any of you ladies have any tips on getting Ponds Cold Cream out of washcloths? I have laundered the cloths in the washing machine, but they're still greasy. :eusa_doh:

--Leslie

I've had the same problem. Used warm water and good detergent. I just bought a bunch of cheaper wash clothes just to remove the cc.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
After I've rubbed off the Cream I will scrub the cloth together under the water, if it seems especially greasy I'll add a little hand soap, and voila! I've had no problems with laundering.:)
Hope it helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot