Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
A 40 waist for a size 40 jacket? :eek: Odd shaped dude. :eusa_doh: :p

Well twirl my turban, man alive
Here comes Mister Five by Five
He's one of those big, fat, bouncin' boys
Solid avoirdupois

Mister Five by Five
He's five feet tall and he's five feet wide
He don't measure no more from head to toe
Than he do from side to side

Mister Five by Five
Got fifteen chins and a line of jive
He's a mellow old cat, a real hep fat
He be Mister Five by Five

That man can really jump it for a fat man
The only trouble is there's no way of knowin'
Whether he's comin' or goin'

Mister Five by Five
He's slightly plump on the solid side
He don't shake it no more from head to toe

Mister Five, Five by Five
Slightly plump and he can jump
'Cause he's a mellow old fat and a real hep cat

Mister Five by Five
He doesn't measure no more from his head to his toe

Mister Five by Five-feet-five
He's slightly plump on the solid side
He doesn't measure no more from head to toe
Than'll he do from side to side

Mister Five, Mister Five, Mister Five
He be just little Mister Five by Five

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Baron,

Some time ago I was given a cap (made in London in the 1930s) by an old acquaintance who has competed for many years in carriage driving (he has judged HRH Prince Phillip's driving). The style of cap is very different to the one in your post (typical early 30s flat 12" in tweed) but it has fittings for a chinstrap just like that one. I understand that it was a common feature on riding, cycling and motorcycling caps. He remembers the strap as being leather, but lost it some time ago (they are detachable of course).

For a CC41- era item, the lack of structure and 'flatness' (they were know as 'flat caps') is unusual. I wouldn't necessarily suggest that it is a women's style, but it certainly is unusual for a man's style.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
reetpleat said:
The cap is pretty unusual, and kind of a trendy style. Plus, a woman's size.

Why is 6 7/8 a womans size? Being 6 7/8 myself, and (Last time I checked) not a woman, I find quite a few mens hats in small sizes, both civilian and military. I didn't think it was an unusual size for a mans cap...

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Very unusual tuxedo (not Eton!) waistcoat from the early 1930s: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eton-1930s-Bla...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

An extraordinary tweed 3-piece suit. Wonderful check, not-so-wonderful photos: http://cgi.ebay.com/Capt-Hs-Disting...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

DEEPLY FRIGHTENING late 1960s issues of GQ magazine: http://cgi.ebay.com/GQ-3-69-Vintage...iewItemQQptZMagazines?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

And more HORROR here: http://cgi.ebay.com/GQ-1968-Vintage...itemZ360113527591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMagazines

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
What a piece of crap. Look at the mismatched pattern on the collar, from a Golden Era Savile Row icon, no less.:rolleyes:

0c74_12.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Mike1973 said:
Why is 6 7/8 a womans size? Being 6 7/8 myself, and (Last time I checked) not a woman, I find quite a few mens hats in small sizes, both civilian and military. I didn't think it was an unusual size for a mans cap...

I meant, in this day and age, it is most likely a size that will fit a woman more than a man. My point is it is likely that a woman bought it based on the style and size.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

Sure wouldn't mind finding that sportcoat and throwing it on ebay though. Or I might wear it.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Japanese eBayers

I offer 100 GBP for this if you ship it to Japan. Please consider it and let me know. Thank you.

Who are these types that always ask "will you post to Japan?" but never seem to bid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou