Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooper Saddlery Colors

DustyUSAF

New in Town
Hey everybody. After looking at some different A-2s at our Equipment Issue store on base, I noticed a very distinct color difference between the '88 Saddlery and the '96 Saddlery. The '88 looks almost like a burnt orange/reddish color, whereas the '96 was more of a darker brown. The reason I'm asking is because I saw an '88 on ebay and it appeared to be the same color as the '96s I saw today. Anybody know from experience if there really is a color difference, or is it just my eyes?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Dusty, your eyes do not decieive you. The '88 Saddlerys are very russet when compared to the other current issue A-2s. Check out these photos. First, the '88. Then the '96.

Dscn3640.jpg

Dscn0078.jpg

AF

HackerF15E

Familiar Face
I love those red-colored Saddlery jackets. Been trying to pick up one of those cheap off eBay for several years as an alternative to my issued Avirex.

DustyUSAF

New in Town
There's one listed on ebay right now, it's going for about $40 bucks, but it's a 42R. Just happens to be my size, but I think I'm gonna hold out for one of the darker colored ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy