Cordings Navy Keepers Tweed Coat - alternatives

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Cheshire Symposium, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Cheshire Symposium

Cheshire Symposium New in Town

Hi,
    I want to pick up a thick, heavy, not too long, winter coat. I intend to use it for work and perhaps more casual situations. I was looking at the following Reefer which is pretty cool, but the price was putting me off a little....

https://www.cordings.co.uk/navy-keepers

Could anyone kindly suggest any alternatives to the above. I am based in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

2. Cheshire Symposium

Cheshire Symposium New in Town

3. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

You can find a genuine Navy issue peacoat with that kind of look for a fraction of that price. Search for the peacoat primer in outerwear to work out the best years to buy from.

Cornelius likes this.
  4. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

I've got a vintage Navy peacoat, I think I paid around £50 for it, its not one of the more sort after periods but its a solid jacket.

If the OP was looking for a new jacket, as I know finding a good fitting 2nd hand jacket in the UK can be a challenge, then I always thought the Schott one looked pretty decent. They make a couple of different versions I've seen, this is their heavier version and they make several lighter, more fashion oriented ones like this.

My favorite wool jacket now was one I picked up in French Connection of all places a couple of years ago which was a copy of the Browns Beach jacket style in a heavy wool. Was surprised to come across something in a decent material, well made and in a vintage style on the High Street.

Cheshire Symposium likes this.
  5. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Cheshire Symposium likes this.