Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cosmopolitan UK September Issue, Featuring Lounge members

December

One of the Regulars
BinkieBaumont said:
"Victory Rollers????"

Ha! This is what made me laugh.

I bought this the other day (erm... because I actually do buy these magazines- sorry, don't hate me!) and noticed the article. I don't think it is particularly awful. I mean, yes the photograph was a poor choice and they weren't exactly accurate in their description. But for mainstream media, it wasn't all bad. At least they're not poking fun at you.

MissHannah

One Too Many
True! I have to at least give them that! At the shoot it felt rather as if they wanted to make us look silly though - pretending to dry each other's already set and dried hair etc. They wanted to photograph us in our rollers and pincurls too but we rebelled and took them out!

FAYEZY123

New in Town
Hi ladies, I read the article and it made me laugh! Victory rollers indeed!

Might open peoples eyes a bit more and be more accepting of the vintage lifestyle.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
I also thought the bit about 'channelling your 1940s pin up' being 'a huge fashion trend this season' was rather ridiculous. So basically they are telling everyone that next season they shouldn't be interested in this look because it won't be 'on trend'. Let's hope it's not. I agree about that whole jumping on the bandwagon thing, it's really irritating. Especially because as vintage wearers I suppose we are very protective of our style, but it's almost embarassing to watch these people try and interpret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran