Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cosmopolitan UK September Issue, Featuring Lounge members

MissHannah

One Too Many
For those who are interested the issue of Cosmopolitan magazine featuring some of the UK ladies of the lounge is available today. I haven't actually seen it yet but am bracing myself for the sight of myself as a middle aged woman pretending to be at a pyjama party in national print!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
For those who are interested the issue of Cosmopolitan magazine featuring some of the UK ladies of the lounge is available today. I haven't actually seen it yet but am bracing myself for the sight of myself as a middle aged woman pretending to be at a pyjama party in national print!

Sounds wonderful! I will get one. I've never had a reason to buy Cosmopolitan before.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm absolutely dreading it and apparently I have my eyes closed. Oh well, I don't take a good picture anyway and I did keep giggling.

MissHannah

One Too Many
The writing is tosh - it says we are all trying to look like 40s pin-up girls, which is actually only the case for one of us! AND they didn't plug my magazine or Naomi's shop or Fleur's blog like they said they would. AND they used a picture of Lisa with her eyes closed. That's mainstream media for you I guess.

Marla

A-List Customer
I've been wanting to see this! Anyone know how we can get a copy in the U.S.?

Edward

Bartender
MissHannah said:
The writing is tosh - it says we are all trying to look like 40s pin-up girls, which is actually only the case for one of us! AND they didn't plug my magazine or Naomi's shop or Fleur's blog like they said they would. AND they used a picture of Lisa with her eyes closed. That's mainstream media for you I guess.

Yeah, just try your luck with TV.... that's way worse in my experience! (Thankfully, E4 have long forgotten that show...).

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
You have my sympathy, been there myself...TV, Media...yuk!

I shall look but won't buy if they're not going to plug your mag etc...Is it called 'Era' got chatting to a nice chap at the Festival of history who gave us a copy. Love it!!!!
Kate

MissHannah said:
Ladies, welcome to my world--now you know why I hate my ex-colleagues in journalism so deeply... "promise whatever you must to get the photo or story, you can always welsh on the deal later and blame it on the editors."

Puzzicato

One Too Many
MissHannah said:

In that case I will save my money and buy your magazine instead!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:
You have my sympathy, been there myself...TV, Media...yuk!

I shall look but won't buy if they're not going to plug your mag etc...Is it called 'Era' got chatting to a nice chap at the Festival of history who gave us a copy. Love it!!!!
Kate

That was probably Peter, the editor - he was there and had a fabulous time!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
That was probably Peter, the editor - he was there and had a fabulous time!

That was him! The freebie has been passed around everyone and all agreed it was to notch! Love the hair 'how to' and the Vera Lynn article. Look forward to more (certainly more my thing than Cosmo!)
Kate

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Is ERA available for purchase in a hardcopy now?, if so where, when, and how much"

4877739980_8248e1b542_z.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
No, not yet - we are still finishing off the next issue, which is 100 pages long! Print date is early september. We are still working on distribution but it will definitely be available to buy direct from the website.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Edward said:
Is the first issue out yet - are you doing a print run as such, or only print to order?

The first issue came out last year but it was just a 'preview' issue of 20 pages and no much content - the one currently in progress will be a nice big fat edition! We still have a few copies of the preview issue knocking around if anybody wants one - just PM me your address and I will pop one in the post to you.

We are doing a print run of the next one - just a few thousand, but you really have to see and feel the paper to get the whole experience!

Anyway, back on topic...

To save anybody from wasting their money buying that dreadful rag here is the Cosmo spread:

4883141746_fef6091193_b.jpg

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
Well at least you all still look a zillion times better than the 'Liverpool Lasses' and 'The Students' etc featured in the rest of the article...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24