Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown To Christmas!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
"Ever Backward"

The new Fedora Lounge motto, in Latin: "Semper Cedentia Retro".
(I got this from Google Translator. If there are any actual Latin scholars out there who can verify this, please do.)
This makes me think we should have a Fedora Lounge coat of arms. I think that makes a fine motto across the bottom. Thanks for the thought, Marc. ;)

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Harold Lloyd and his Christmas tree. According to his granddaughter Suzanne Lloyd, with each passing year it became so elaborate with over 5,000 decorations that it eventually became a permanent fixture all year round in the Lloyd home.

tumblr_l6itn7Yc3G1qbcfcko1_500.jpg

Oh that puts my tree to shame. I don't think I've ever used all my ornaments at once, I have so many. But this gives me good reason to convince my husband that I still have a long ways to go before he thinks I have *too* many. lol

Connery

One Too Many
Harold Lloyd and his Christmas tree. According to his granddaughter Suzanne Lloyd, with each passing year it became so elaborate with over 5,000 decorations that it eventually became a permanent fixture all year round in the Lloyd home.

tumblr_l6itn7Yc3G1qbcfcko1_500.jpg

Looks like the population of a small country could fit under it and never be noticed.:p

hchilder

New in Town
yey! christmas :D

but i'm really looking forward to 2012.. i guess all of us are wondering what's gonna happen on that year :)
i just hope it's not the end of the world, there's a lot of things that i still want to do.

Edward

Bartender
yey! christmas :D

but i'm really looking forward to 2012.. i guess all of us are wondering what's gonna happen on that year :)
i just hope it's not the end of the world, there's a lot of things that i still want to do.

Likely it'll be the same crappy year as they've all been. I've decided, as far as possible, just to skip Christmas this year. Bah humbug.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Don't be down, Rue! Sometimes you have to work a lil' harder to find Christmas joy. And sure, there are reasons to not like the season, but other people's opinions don't change mine. Half a streetcarload of Scrooges won't stop me from playing "Jingle Bells" accompaniment on the trolley gong!

Hm, thinking of that, I have an odd example of how very much I love rail preservationist holiday events. Operating vintage transit vehicles for excited little children makes Christmas joy so very easy to find! I went to last weekend's events at my "home" museum at Rockhill Furnace, PA, I'll be there this weekend, and just today wrote out a membership application to the Baltimore Streetcar Museum. A fellow operator offered to carpool there for one more weekend of holiday joy and tinsel-laden trolleys, so how could I resist?

IMG_3816m.jpg

See you on the Santa Line Streetcars!

-Steven

rue

Don't be down, Rue! Sometimes you have to work a lil' harder to find Christmas joy. And sure, there are reasons to not like the season, but other people's opinions don't change mine. Half a streetcarload of Scrooges won't stop me from playing "Jingle Bells" accompaniment on the trolley gong!

Hm, thinking of that, I have an odd example of how very much I love rail preservationist holiday events. Operating vintage transit vehicles for excited little children makes Christmas joy so very easy to find! I went to last weekend's events at my "home" museum at Rockhill Furnace, PA, I'll be there this weekend, and just today wrote out a membership application to the Baltimore Streetcar Museum. A fellow operator offered to carpool there for one more weekend of holiday joy and tinsel-laden trolleys, so how could I resist?

IMG_3816m.jpg

See you on the Santa Line Streetcars!

-Steven

That is such a cute picture! Thank you Steven :D

[video=youtube;gFneiheLMjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFneiheLMjk[/video]

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy