Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown To Christmas!!

Fairlane

New in Town
Himmmm, I just put the tree and it looks and works fine. The outside lights have gone up. Maybe tomorrow I will plug them in and see how they look. They are some 1930's camp lighting I have been using for the last 15 years or so, cloth covered wire, full size edison or standard lamp bases. Just so the folks down on the street can see them of course, (100 yards away).

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
Tonight I took my family to a local production of "It's a Wonderful Life". It was staged as a 40's era radio drama with a Foley artist seated at a table and six actors providing all the different roles of the story. Prior to the show there was a demonstration of how all the different sound effects were achieved. The production was great and even my grown children seemed to enjoy it.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Well, the guests will be here in a few hours so I'll be off the grid for a few days so here goes:

A Very, Very Merry Christmas To You All

And as you may know, the 24th is the big day here in Scandinavia, so I'll get my presents before you
:D

Last edited:

rue

Well, the guests will be here in a few hours so I'll be off the grid for a few days so here goes:

A Very, Very Merry Christmas To You All

And as you may know, the 24th is the big day here in Scandinavia, so I'll get my presents before you
:D

Merry Christmas Ted! :D

http://www.xmasclock.com/

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

[video=youtube;KKFvbDFt6VU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKFvbDFt6VU[/video]

Merry Christmas flat-top!!!!

amador

A-List Customer
Is it 364 or 365 days 'till Christmas on Christmas this year?
After all 2012 is a leap year.
So let's start counting the days until
We can celebrate once again the snowy chill.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Our usual tradition, of having dinner with my dad on Christmas Eve, has been changed to another day.
So this year, I decided to have a small dinner ready for my wife when she gets home.
Small sandwiches with beef stick and aged white cheddar cheese, on small rye bread.
Or brisket cooked in the pressure cooker, if she doesn't like the beef stick stuff.
Plus fresh party mix nuts from a local store.
On Christmas day we'll continue a tradition we started 3yrs ago, of cooking a salt encrusted rib roast, with garlic augratin potatos, and a corn suffle.
We do spend time with family, but it's nice to limit that time (to keep the Christmas spirit :) ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy