Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Anthony Jordan said:
Also recently picked up these rather nice (I think) 9ct gold/bloodstone links (can't get a decent photograph of them yet):

Very nice - and I agree about the photo not doing them full justice.

Aren't the chains unusually long?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've got three pairs with me, a 1973 Seagram Stone curling pair, a square curling stone pair, and a round pair with croc. inserts

IMG_2219.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
Very nice - and I agree about the photo not doing them full justice.

Aren't the chains unusually long?

Thanks to all for the kind comments - I will try and get a better picture some day! The chains are about 3/4" long, so n te longer side but not unduly so - I have one or two pairs longer. I find shorter chains preferable, though - neater, I think.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Found these cufflinks at the thrift store today for a quarter. I can't figure out what these things are supposed to represent - they look like some sort of machine part. Any ideas? The post and swivel are interesting. I've never seen that style before.

cufflinksD2cr.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Warbaby said:
Found these cufflinks at the thrift store today for a quarter. I can't figure out what these things are supposed to represent - they look like some sort of machine part. Any ideas? The post and swivel are interesting. I've never seen that style before.

cufflinksD2cr.jpg
These are odd cufflinks.. is the setting designed for stones?

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Shirt studs

I have seen nice shirt studs 4 in a box and wondered how they are used.Since they are made of nice things like mother of pearl etc., they surely can't just be for collars as that would hide them.i'm puzzled.:confused:

Warbaby

One Too Many
Feraud said:
These are odd cufflinks.. is the setting designed for stones?

I don't think so. I did stone setting back in the days when I made jewelry, and setting stones in these would only be feasible if they were solid gold. And there's no indication of ever having faux stones glued in. The holes around the edge look like the holes for countersunk screw or bolt heads in machine parts.

Cody Pendant

One of the Regulars
What are these cufflinks?

Warbaby said:

cufflinksD2cr.jpg

Howdy,
and the answer is:
Automotive wheel parts....the hub that you bolt the tire on to and the "
A" arm. Four bolt pattern...small car , maybe a sports car.. my guess.

Lou

One of the Regulars
Great stuff! Good cufflinks (unlike the ones seen in mainstream US retail today) are a delight. I have a pair of Colt 1911 cufflinks and would like to get a couple pair of dressier vintage cufflinks.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I posted these a while back, but never a pic of them opened up. They're not your average snap links.

DSC04472.jpg

DSC08894.jpg

They're opened by pressing the little button on the half without the pin. I've bent back the part that's deformed. They hold very tight. Marked 'Safety' and 'Pat appl for'.

And here's a pair of collar studs I bought my last trip to London. My camera just won't pick up the detail clearly.

DSC08896.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran