Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dancing in Northeast Ohio

lindylady

A-List Customer
Hi, everyone,

I'm going back home to visit my family this Christmas. I've only started dancing in DC this year, so I don't know too many places to go in the Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown area. Are there any Loungers familiar with northeastern Ohio that could recommend a good place to go for swing and ballroom?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I know they have a scene in Cleveland. A woman named Valerie lived in LA then moved back and taught for years. NOt sure about now though. I am sure it exists at leas once a week, but couldn't tell you where. I will bet there is a site for a local club or some such on the internet.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if it's your cup of tea, or if you will even still be in the area then, but Ace Brown and His Ohio Valley Boys will be playing at the Beechland Tavern in Cleveland on December 29th. They're more of a Honky-Tonk meets TRADITIONAL rockabilly (no zombie themed love songs or triple slaps) type of band…ala Faron Young. At any rate, folks seem to have a pretty good time dancing at their shows. If you do go, please feel free to introduce yourself, as that I’ll be there for sure!

lindylady

A-List Customer
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll do my research. And I'll try to get to that Beechland Tavern if I'm still in town on the 29th, Ms. McGraw.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
< SATIRE >

patrick1987 said:
If you find it please let us know. You are talking about Ohio, Planet Earth!??! ;)
Yeah, it ain't 1946 out there any longer. I've been thru Ohio. Ohio is a sneak preview of the decline and fall of western civilization - the deep brown flaky core of the Rust Belt, the part that's been down so long West Virginia's starting to look like up. About all the culture they've got left there is high school football, beer on tap, and a general lack of footprints on the toilet seats. And you're wanting dancing? Swing dancing, what's more?! You're lucky the locals don't crack your noggin with tire irons, eat your uncooked brains with Cheez Whiz and raffle off your remains to benefit the volunteer fire department. Swing dancing. Ha!!1!

< /SATIRE >

gughunter

New in Town
Pay no mind to that Fletch character! We've got more culture than you can shake a stick at. Not to mention the Terminal Tower -- once the tallest building between New York City and Chicago! How do you like them apples?

terminaltower.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot