Darcy's or Old Town Clothing? What are your experiences?

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Rudie, May 20, 2012.

1. Timbo

Timbo New in Town

thanks for the tip, they certainly do look tempting, perhaps similar to a pair I have by ‘Tails and the Unexpected’ who are also worth a look.
    The cut of the Darcy trousers however seems to be from another era altogether, the chocolate moleskins have a whiff of Dickensian London about them which makes me feel very at home. Old Town were trying to acheive the same effect I think but couldn’t resist putting their own spin on it, they are more of a romantic recreation of the past.

2. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

George's prices are not budget by any means, but he is comparable to that of Rob. You are sensible and know that skilled tailors charge accordingly. This Zoot Suit by Rob cost me £550. But that was twelve years ago. About £650/£700 taking inflation into account.
    zht.jpg

PeterB, Edward and Timbo like this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

That's reasonable, certainly; Old Town, last I checked, were pushing £800 for a Harris Tweed suit, and that was off the rack. I believe the cheapest a jacket and trousers can be had for on the Row now is in excess of £5000.

4. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Have you not heard of Savvy Row? https://www.savvyrow.co.uk/collections/sale Savile Row suits at seriously low prices. He's got a Leslie & Roberts blazer at £52:50, a Welsh & Jeffries suit at £47:50 and many, many more.