Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark City

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I know the way to Shell Beach.

A great little flick that I much prefer to (the released around the same time and sort of similar) The Matrix. It's wonderful noir production design and photography is SO tasty!

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Agreed. Whenever I watch this, I get a feeling, almost like I can't breathe. It truly is underrated. My son, who is 15, loves it as well, but I think that has more to do with Jennifer Connelly singing Sway than anything else...

CharlesB

Suspended
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Agreed. Whenever I watch this, I get a feeling, almost like I can't breathe. It truly is underrated. My son, who is 15, loves it as well, but I think that has more to do with Jennifer Connelly singing Sway than anything else...
Ms Connelly makes me weak in the knees as well

Edward

Bartender
She is a very pretty lady... I've never seen Dark City, though I keep meaning to pick up the DVD. It's been on my hitlist for a long time. I was aware of it coming out due to Richard O'Brien's involvement in it, but if memory serves it went straight to video here in the UK.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I loved it too, except for the male lead's hair.

I liked this film WAY better than Matrix. (My hatred for the lead actor in Matrix knows no bounds. I even forgot his name -- I block it out regularly.)

I loved the floating bald dudes. Kiefer was also excellent.

Marvelous stuff, truly imaginative. On an aesthetically somewhat similar note, Charles, you've seen Cite des Enfants Perdus, n'est-ce pas?

Maguire

Practically Family
Excellent film, much better than the matrix (as someone else already said).

I liked the sort of semi film noir style, how the city's influences (fashion, cars, etc) were a jumble of different eras.

And Connelly is probably one of the best looking if not THE best looking women in hollywood.

miss_elise

Practically Family
i love this movie... aesome noir-y atmosphere...
i have the soundtrack which i was listening to whilst driving through windy hills in a forest... it was quite spooky...

Graemsay

Practically Family
Incidentally, some of the sets built for Dark City were reused by the Matrix, though I think that this was limited to the rooftop ones.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
It is so- July 29th. A girl who used to work for me called me yesterday to tell me that she saw it in the upcoming releases in the computer at work. Very cool. Can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou