Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

Miss sofia

One Too Many
lolly_loisides said:
I'm impressed! Good for you. Please say you took photos!
Unfortunately no, and i will bear in mind that dog poop does the job as well as diesel if left on the lawn, as i said, and i do agree with Miss Neecerie, i don't think retaliating is the way forward in these situations, but poisoning the dog, well that just tipped me over the edge. Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted especially when innocents are involved, but in hindsight it wasn't a clever thing to do, but it sure felt good at the time!

Personally, I like to take satisfaction from the fact that while I have the means and knowledge to completely ruin a deserving target's life, choosing not to exercise that capability makes me a better person than any "potential target".

Kinda like how the really skilled pistoleros aren't the ones that brag and show off like John Ringo, but the ones that kinda sit off in a corner when the subject comes up and keep to themselves, leaving the risk of injury from self-backpatting to the amateurs.

Usually the easiest thing to do in these case that will rid you of idiots is to ring the landlord's bell with the Asset Foreiture Laws. Just inform him that the new neighbors are dealing/growing/manufacturing drugs on his property and now he is fully aware with your letter---which you have sent a copy of to the local police as well.
Knowingly being a property owner renting to people who will be doing anything with drugs makes the landlord open to his property being confiscated along with any illegal drugs. Of course he can buy it back at the auction. ;) :p

There's a saying in the intel game: "If you look for something hard enough, you find it. whether it really exists or not."

With how vague such statutes are, all you have to do is inspire enough paranoia and the subject will start adding every little shred that can possibly be twisted into even the most circumstantial of evidence and do your real work for you... especially since with forfeiture, the burden of proof is on the owner. I know of a few Midwest trap-towns along roads to big farm-supply auctions that like to just wait for folks headed to the auction with cash, since auctions don't take checks, and pull shakedowns using forfeiture: "Traveling with large amount of cash? Suspicious... we're bringing a forfeiture action 'cause we think it's drug money. Want it back? Prove it's clean..."

Diamondback said:
There's a saying in the intel game: "If you look for something hard enough, you find it. whether it really exists or not."

With how vague such statutes are, all you have to do is inspire enough paranoia and the subject will start adding every little shred that can possibly be twisted into even the most circumstantial of evidence and do your real work for you... especially since with forfeiture, the burden of proof is on the owner. I know of a few Midwest trap-towns along roads to big farm-supply auctions that like to just wait for folks headed to the auction with cash, since auctions don't take checks, and pull shakedowns using forfeiture: "Traveling with large amount of cash? Suspicious... we're bringing a forfeiture action 'cause we think it's drug money. Want it back? Prove it's clean..."

I am surprised they also don't confiscate the car as it was also being used Facilitate the alleged crime as well. :rolleyes:
Property owners really run when you threaten them with actual loss of an income property that they likely still have a mortgage on---especially now. I suppose I could have been really mean and said int he letter that this was the tenth letter I had sent him with no response or action so I guess he had some "skin in the game." ;) :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
stopped by my house after work today, before picking up my kids, and there they all were outside. and yes they had more laundry up. so I put the water on close enough to get the high-quality couch and some of the laundry and they immediately sent one of the kids over to turn it off. I went to turn it back on and dear auntie and charming niece threw a fit. "hey that's our laundry!" I said yes and it's on my property. voices raised very quickly, needless to say. sad that the children and dog had to put up with it. the aunt told me all I had to do was ask and I said you didn't when you parked in my yard, stop yelling in front of kids oh yeah you didn't care monday when you cussed me out, back and forth, and it ended with me yelling "get your laundry off my property get your trash couch off my property get your dog off my property and keep your kids off my property!" and as I was leaving the foul language started again and I yelled "see, language!!!" and left to get my kids

came back and the laundry is gone but the dog and couch were still there. had animal control called for the dog (poor sweetie that she is) and turned the water on the couch. the aunt turned it off and I turned it back on. so what it gets wet when I rains, like earlier today...

and yes I took pictures this morning and before calling animal control, her kids watched me even. my landlady is working on finding the owner of the house so we can file a complaint, complete with pictures...

HepKitty said:
stopped by my house after work today, before picking up my kids, and there they all were outside. and yes they had more laundry up. so I put the water on close enough to get the high-quality couch and some of the laundry and they immediately sent one of the kids over to turn it off. I went to turn it back on and dear auntie and charming niece threw a fit. "hey that's our laundry!" I said yes and it's on my property. voices raised very quickly, needless to say. sad that the children and dog had to put up with it. the aunt told me all I had to do was ask and I said you didn't when you parked in my yard, stop yelling in front of kids oh yeah you didn't care monday when you cussed me out, back and forth, and it ended with me yelling "get your laundry off my property get your trash couch off my property get your dog off my property and keep your kids off my property!" and as I was leaving the foul language started again and I yelled "see, language!!!" and left to get my kids

came back and the laundry is gone but the dog and couch were still there. had animal control called for the dog (poor sweetie that she is) and turned the water on the couch. the aunt turned it off and I turned it back on. so what it gets wet when I rains, like earlier today...

and yes I took pictures this morning and before calling animal control, her kids watched me even. my landlady is working on finding the owner of the house so we can file a complaint, complete with pictures...

And send along a nice note. ;)

Start at your City or County Assessor's website--you should be able to look up parcel ownership online through them.

The opening gambit is always to start gathering and documenting as much information about the target as you can--you want to know them better than they know you, ideally than they know themselves. And then when they start something,the response can be as simple as anonymously letting out some delightfully damaging, juicy little tidbit to someone they don't want to have it, like oh say local law enforcement, landlords... the list of possibilities really is endless.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
"

I wonder if they'll try to turn me in for drugs or something stupid... I guess w/ 2 calls to the PD now it will show that she's just being vindictive

jamespowers said:
If you have proof like a letter cced to the police department, they had first hand knowledge. Even so, the last time I used it resulted in the guy being arrested and evicted. My friend's grandmother was a happy woman. ;) :p

lol wow remind me not to cross you, ever

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Start at your City or County Assessor's website--you should be able to look up parcel ownership online through them.

lol better yet, the landlady's daughter works for the city and can find this out for us

HepKitty said:
lol wow remind me not to cross you, ever

Yeah, my neighbors know better than to mess with me. One put up a new fence without asking me---on my side of the property no less. So I guessed it was time to assert the proprty line. Their HUGE Coastal Live Oak that was half on my property now looks like half a tree and I have plenty of firewood for the winter. ;) :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Yeah, my neighbors know better than to mess with me. One put up a new fence without asking me---on my side of the property no less. So I guessed it was time to assert the proprty line. Their HUGE Coastal Live Oak that was half on my property now looks like half a tree and I have plenty of firewood for the winter. ;) :p

lol you should have charged rent first... then add insult to injury my taking the firewood

edit: post pictures!

HepKitty said:
lol you should have charged rent first... then add insult to injury my taking the firewood

lol lol lol Now there is a part I didn't think of.
Actually, the section of my fence that they replaced got painted white----on my side to match the rest of the fence. I saved my fence section to be used again further down the property line so they can see it much better. ;) :p

HepKitty said:
I wonder if they'll try to turn me in for drugs or something stupid... I guess w/ 2 calls to the PD now it will show that she's just being vindictive

Yeah, sometimes with people like this sometimes you have to set the Golden Rule aside and Do Unto Them--through the system--Before They Screw Unto You. Especially since they're probably just the sort that would plant evidence right before calling in...

jamespowers said:
TALL fences make the best neighbors. ;) :p
Preferably electrified, topped with Razor Ribbon or concertina-wire, or solid masonry with broken glass on top. (Oops, that latter's a "wall"--but works just as well and sometimes better.:D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner