Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
[video=youtube;N0aM31ofZQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0aM31ofZQg[/video]

Rockin Blues singer/ guitarist Nick Curran passed away yesterday 10/6/2012. He had been battling cancer.

I learned about his death yesterday. I wish he was still with us. Nick was one of my favorite blues acts ever since his first album came out. He left us a small legacy of very fine music.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
$%28KGrHqQOKpME5kvSr%28fzBOf6OHH%28-g~~_12.jpg

One of baseball's forgotten greats, Eddie Yost, has died at 86. One of the best third basemen of his generation, Yost is better-known as "The Walking Man," a hitter who absolutely refused to swing at a bad pitch, and therefore led the American League year after year in bases on balls. He walked over 1600 times in an eighteen-year career, and drew a base on balls in his final Major League plate appearance. After his playing days, he spent nearly two decades as a first-base coach for the Senators, Mets, and Red Sox -- an appropriate place to wind up an often-overlooked career.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My condolences, Vic. Losing one's parents may be "natural," but that doesn't make it feel that way. Ever.

My mother made it that long, too, a good long life that included standing in soup lines during the Great Depression.

Thoughts and my empathy your way.

Randall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24