Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Edward

Bartender
There was another French lady who lived until she was 122, Jeanne Calment, her age was documented.

Wasn't she the one who recorded a rap record in her late nineties, and only gave up smoking at the tail end of her eighties because her eyesight wasn't so great anymore and she had trouble seeing to light them properly?

RIP to Lisa Loring, TV's original Wednesday Addams.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/lisa-loring-dead-wednesday-addams-family-1235506117/

addams-family-wednesday-addams.gif

Edward

Bartender

Very sad. I've heard it said by many a goth lady over the years that a goth girl becomes a woman the day she stops aspiring to be Morticia, and instead wants to be Wednesday. Truly iconic; it's nice at least to see that she lived on long enough to see the role she created ascend as such.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/jan/30/lisa-loring-wednesday-addams-goth-girls-icon

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Very sad. I've heard it said by many a goth lady over the years that a goth girl becomes a woman the day she stops aspiring to be Morticia, and instead wants to be Wednesday. Truly iconic; it's nice at least to see that she lived on long enough to see the role she created ascend as such.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/jan/30/lisa-loring-wednesday-addams-goth-girls-icon

Seconded. Caroline Jones overshadowed the entire cast with her beauty but page turned in memory with Ms Loring's passage.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Great songwriter, arranger and producer. Lucky man to have found a great lyricist, Hal David, and muse, Dionne in his career. Amazing range of talent. Who could imagine one person writing "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "North to Alaska" AND "Walk on By" plus "The Look of Love"? Whatta range! Good innings to boot!

Worf

Great songwriter, arranger and producer. Lucky man to have found a great lyricist, Hal David, and muse, Dionne in his career. Amazing range of talent. Who could imagine one person writing "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "North to Alaska" AND "Walk on By" plus "The Look of Love"? Whatta range! Good innings to boot!

Worf

You left out the theme from " The Blob."

Worf

I'll Lock Up
To those of us of a certain age, who admire beautiful women, there was always The One.

There were others - Jeannie, Mary Ann - but there was always The One.

A stunningly beautiful woman. RIP.
Yes Rachel was a true wonder but I'm still in the Ursula Andres camp myself.... still that's like choosing between gold covered platinum and platinum covered gold. Sigh.....

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk