Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Sleepy LaGoon

New in Town
Thanks, MrBern.

Unfortunately, that's another generation that we are rapidly losing. I'm fortunate to have met and worked with some of them during my time in Houston.

MrBern said:
02haney190.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/science/space/02haney.html

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I remember when Kung Fu came on once a month back in the 70s. It was a big event in my house. My Dad and brother would get all excited. I liked John in the "Long Riders" and later in "Old West Tech" on the History Channel.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
DutchIndo said:
I remember when Kung Fu came on once a month back in the 70s. It was a big event in my house. My Dad and brother would get all excited.

"When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."

:(

Inusuit

A-List Customer
RIP, Caine.

When Kung Fu first aired, I avoided watching because I considered myself something of a student of Eastern ways of thought and expected the usual TV distortions. But one episode and I was hooked.

"You are not in prison, the prison is in you."

Dang. Another good one gone.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm going to hear the "Kung Fu" theme music in my head all day now.

"In all, [David Carradine] appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby."

David was also in his share of stinkers, too ... but that's the way of the Carradine family.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
crap, crap, crap. Why?

The article makes it sound suspicious. It's also possible that he was ill and decided to exit on his own terms. Spalding Grey comes to mind.

Whatever happened it is sad to see him go. I enjoyed (and had many a good laugh) watching him in action. Remember the fight scene in Circle of Iron?

zetwal said:
The article makes it sound suspicious. It's also possible that he was ill and decided to exit on his own terms. Spalding Grey comes to mind.

Usually when one decides to go they don't have rope around the privates plus they usually leave a note to explain what their reasoning was.

Personally I think it's murder with the subterfuge of supposed sex games as a red herring.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
I am saddened to report that Koko Taylor has also passed away. She was a fun and gracious lady and a monumental talent. It is unlikely we will see her kind again and I will truly miss her.

RIP Miss K

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Danny La Rue - (26 July 1927 – 31 May 2009)

Last week saw the passing of Danny La Rue (Daniel Patrick Carroll) entertainer particularly known for his female impersonations. He performed in the West End and appeared three times on The Royal Variety Performance. In 2002 he was an awarded an OBE from Her Majesty The Queen for services to charity and theatre.

Danny2.jpg

Hall.jpg

A man of many talents, he served in the Royal Navy before pursuing a career on the stage and he spent £1,000,000 on the restoration of the Walton Hall Hotel (Above) near Stratford-Upon-Avon in Warwickshire.
With a career that spanned half a century Danny will be missed. So long thanks for all the laughs.

Danny1.jpg

Danny La Rue (1927 – 2009)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
"In all, [David Carradine] appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby."

Here's an account of a recent screening of Hal Ashby's Bound for Glory, in which Carradine participated in a panel discussion. He was quite a character.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Barrelhouse said:
I am saddened to report that Koko Taylor has also passed away.
-----------She was a Chicago institution.

------------The Queen of the Blues

[YOUTUBE]oxCa16-nxtM[/YOUTUBE]

------------ And such a sweet lady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda