Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Foofoogal

Banned
The passing of Farrah is almost a milestone to me. I graduated high school in 1975. The epitome of that time. I pray for what is left of her family to find peace somehow. RIP Farrah. very sad..
I think I am having a nostalgia meltdown today.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Farrah Fawcett (ex Majors) was the beauty of her time and place, as much so as Jean Harlow in the '30s and Marilyn Monroe in the '50s. That sweet, somewhat vacuous face and pearly smile -- that minimal makeup and maximal, braless tan -- and that HAIR!

Marilyn had Joltin' Joe; Farrah had The Six Million Dollar Man. It was so perfectly '70s...

No lie: Farrah was the embodiment of Southern California in the mid to late '70s: the origin and desired destination of the nation's fantasy life.

I'm surprised that so few Loungers have weighed in on her death.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
passing in THREE'S

Helysoune said:
Dear me, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson. Icons, all. :(

What a WEEK. McMahon 30+ yrs. w/Carson, pitchman ICON. Fawcett THE poster girl of the 70's & MJ entertainer LEGEND. WOW :( Solid Citizen

jayem

A-List Customer
Michael Jackson...

His music is catchy; if you find yourself listening to his solo work or a Jackson 5 song and not tapping you're foot, there's something wrong with you.

This is a real tragedy; not really his death, but his life. This is a man who was completely manipulated and robbed of a childhood, grew up in an abusive home and from the time he could walk was placed in a showbiz mindset. If that doesn't create a very delusional person, I don't know what does.

I guess I'm too apathetic and looking at the psychological factor of his life. I'm not one to sit on my high horse and judge, whether he be dead or alive.

Just my 2 cents.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Ok, I know few will admit this, but "The Smooth Criminal" dance scene from Moonwalker actually had a big influence in sparking my interest for vintage aesthetics at a VERY young age.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ex30DYwQlHU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ex30DYwQlHU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
As a current military member, I can only imagine the feeling so many soldiers, Marines, and Airmen got when they arrived back home only to be spat upon, while we enjoy accolades and thanks from random persons on the street. Heroes aren't always those who bleed for the Flag; those who have served honorably without serving a day in a combat zone deserve to be commended just for stepping up and saying "I'm willing, send me" for their 4, 10, or 20 years in the service. Freeman exemplifies heroic sacrifice, and provides a face for the entire military, a brotherhood of heroes. May he rest in peace and with honor.

-AFI

Amen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff