Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

denim style leather jacket

Ralph Chen

Familiar Face
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
http://highlargeleathers.tumblr.com

Sharing some interesting new found. For those who digs denim style leather jacket.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
They look great. I've been following them on Instagram. They don't export, and I think a XXL is a 44? They do look good though. Aero and LW do really nice "jean jackets" in leather too. It's a style I like.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Man, i love that third one top row!

Unfortunately i just google translated the measurements, and the size 42 is pretty much sized like a size 38 or a small 40!

18" shoulder to shoulder
21.5" pit to pit
25.5" back and sleeves.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

Unfortunately i just google translated the measurements, and the size 42 is pretty much sized like a size 38 or a small 40!

18" shoulder to shoulder
21.5" pit to pit
25.5" back and sleeves.

That is close to perfect for me - a bit long in the sleeves. I really like the natural "color", but am not sure I'm hip enough to pull it off. It really looks great after if ages.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can order these through their dealer like Barstormer from overseas. I think they started in 2014. Their new natural leather models were featured in last month's Lightning magazine. My friend saw my copy and ordered the Oklahoma City WWII below and the estimated delivery date is Feb 2016. BTW, they do not carry any stock themselves at their workshop. They already have a dealer in Taiwan, you may be able to find them soon in Europe and the States. Seeing that they are mostly made to order, you can ask their dealer if they can make larger sizes.
http://highlargeleathers.com/a-hl2015-jk.html
https://www.google.com.hk/maps/@35....2ykTqFyULDHrsMr84Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Last edited:

Blackadder

I also like how the raw one looks after it ages. However the brand new leather looks kind of pinkish, I guess one may have soak it like the raw Campus jacket by Mister Freedom before wearing it.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
i bought a cheap ladies jean jacket at goodwill a couple weeks ago & am using it as a pattern for a leather version for the Mrs.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I also like how the raw one looks after it ages. However the brand new leather looks kind of pinkish, I guess one may have soak it like the raw Campus jacket by Mister Freedom before wearing it.

You wouldn't believe how fast natural leather tans and picks up colour!

I have made a few belts with natural leather, and have a wallet made from it, and in a month of use they had tanned noticeably and were much darker.
And these are items that never really see direct sunlight.

A jacket would be worn in the sun and would probably darken even faster!

The one thing that would worry me are stains. Even with clean hands you can leave marks on natural tanned leather, just with the natural oils from your skin.
The collar of a jacket like that would look pretty rough fast i'm afraid.

WOW, i just looked at the campus jacket you mentioned! I love it!

This is really making me want to get one!

http://www.tshirtsblog.org/article/1525262701/mf-campus-jacket/

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

18" shoulder to shoulder
21.5" pit to pit
25.5" back and sleeves.

That's what I'm saying. You have to have shoulders like a snake to fit into any of it. They are nice though.

Blackadder

You wouldn't believe how fast natural leather tans and picks up colour!

I have made a few belts with natural leather, and have a wallet made from it, and in a month of use they had tanned noticeably and were much darker.
And these are items that never really see direct sunlight.

A jacket would be worn in the sun and would probably darken even faster!

The one thing that would worry me are stains. Even with clean hands you can leave marks on natural tanned leather, just with the natural oils from your skin.
The collar of a jacket like that would look pretty rough fast i'm afraid.

WOW, i just looked at the campus jacket you mentioned! I love it!

This is really making me want to get one!

http://www.tshirtsblog.org/article/1525262701/mf-campus-jacket/
Totally agree with you re the stains. Can't help but think the MF suggestion is to pre-empt it by staining the whole jacket first.
Here is my cheap old type 3 in raw leather.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've been after this style in leather. Owned a Lost Worlds that was too big. seen a few interesting on ebay but nothing I could wear. These look really nice. I would say just what I have been looking for. Haven't calculated the numbers, probably a size issue. The leather weight, finish, detail look to be on for this style jacket. Does anyone here have one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW