Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Details and Options

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Welt Pocket
IMG_1772-vi.jpg

Besom Pocket
IMG_1787-vi.jpg

Flap Pocket
IMG_1788-vi.jpg

Patch Pocket With 1/4 inch machine stitch around the edge
IMG_1782-vi.jpg

Patch Pocket with Flap
IMG_1790-vi.jpg

Saddle Bag Pocket
IMG_1778-vi.jpg

Functional Collar button
IMG_1786-vi.jpg

Functional Sleeve Buttons
IMG_1779-vi.jpg

Peak Lapel
Dsc03306-vi.jpg

Armpit Sweat Shield
IMG_1780-vi.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Jacket Question...

Matt:
Where did you get the gray jacket with the recoil pad, working sleeve buttons and bi-swing back?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great post, Matt.
I have heard the functional sleeve buttons called "Surgeon's Cuffs." Have you heard this?
I recently bought a single-breatsed suit with peak lapels, functional sleeve buttons, and a bright retro-style lining. I will be posting pics soon. I think you'll like it, Matt.
BTW, I couldn't agree more with your opinion of Peterman. He, or they, are the only company that shares my sensibilities.

Prof. Ed

New in Town
I own a navy blue pinstripe sweater by Polo, that has the belted back and the many pleats above it.
I love the belted back and bi-swing arms in a sport coat. Especially, to wear teaching and when writing on the board.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Besom-

Matt, what you call a 'Besom' pocket is also widely known as a (plain) 'Welt' pocket- just like on a pants' back pocket. As we all know, a welt pocket can have a flap or not- on many suit jackets, the flap can be 'out' or 'in'- when it's in, it looks like it's not there at all and just the welt shows-

A Besom is a Witches Broomstick-

B
T

BellyTank said:
Matt, what you call a 'Besom' pocket is also widely known as a (plain) 'Welt' pocket- just like on a pants' back pocket. As we all know, a welt pocket can have a flap or not- on many suit jackets, the flap can be 'out' or 'in'- when it's in, it looks like it's not there at all and just the welt shows-

A Besom is a Witches Broomstick-

B
T

Isn't that also known as a "Jetted" pocket? I think i saw it called that somewhere ...

bk

shamus

Suspended
I had a good thrifting day today. I just picked up a jacket very similar to the one above. Belted back, patch/style pockets with flaps and pleats, action back. Unfortunatly it's too small for me so tomorrow I'll take some pics and offer it in the classifieds section.

I also got a sweet double breasted formal jacket (just the bottom part buttons) with very peak lapels. Say's it's a 44 long, my size but seams a tad too big even for me.

I wish the belted one was my size... Nice jacket Matt

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Armpit Shielding

DSC00935.jpg

For Matt Deckard:
The armpit sweat-shield is made of the wool of the jacet, not another layer of lining. No, it isn't just a patch of lining missing. It's actually a piece of the jacket material.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Look like the maker trying to show the buyer that they spared no expense in making the suit.

I usually see the satin, though the leads me to believe that they had wool to spare.

Top drawer!

I still have some lining pics to show from an Oxxford, some vintage suits and a few other moderns.

Also different stitching types. Keep your eyes pealed for updates to this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo