Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Ladies notice a Man's shoes?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ok, I know there are other sites, but this one has it on it: http://www.mensxp.com/fashion/style-guide/887-mens-wardrobe-essentials-clothes-every-man-should-own-.html

However, i don't look like ANY of the models they have on the site. Which is a good thing LOL

Shoot! I know there is more, but I can't find them right now. I must be getting sleepy. :-(

Askmen.com has some pretty awful info too (and not just about style.) I just discovered they've got a Style Icon page, including Rock Hudson, James Dean, and Nat King Cole. All three of these men they say are "minimalist and clean cut," which is true compared to Tinie Tempah...

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I hate to be the voice of opposition and confusion, but I find work boots and flip flops a big turn-on. Other than that, I don't really care one way or another for men's shoes except that (and this may be a Caliornia thing or just a living-in-the-boondocks thing) but girls around here look at men's shoes because if he is wearing oxfords, loafers, or any other kind of leather shoe besides cowboy boots in a casual setting we assume he's gay and don't bother flirting. In these parts that is accurate about 90% of the time. Europeans get a pass on this rule of thumb.

So, hmm... yeah.

I think this also applies to rural Pennsylvania too from my experience... :(

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Askmen.com has some pretty awful info too (and not just about style.) I just discovered they've got a Style Icon page, including Rock Hudson, James Dean, and Nat King Cole. All three of these men they say are "minimalist and clean cut," which is true compared to Tinie Tempah...

Yep, I came across them the other day. Seemed like a site that is just in business to sell advertising space (kind of like GQ).

Red Tractors

New in Town
Off topic, but I can't resist.

Two of my Red Tractors. Their shoe's are vintage Goodyear's:D
IMGP0604.jpg

I'm ashamed to say I wear a pair of 1960's styled Adidas athletic shoes far too often. The dammed things are just too comfortable.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I don't know about those other sites but if I want advice about dress I go to either http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?31-Andy-s-Fashion-Forum or http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/. I've yet to be steered wrong. These people also ascribe to the very distinct difference between "fashion" and style! Now in my case, do to service incurred injury, my left leg is 3/4" shorter than the right so for years I have had to either get custom made shoes (www.russellmoccasin.com) or take my new ones down to my local cobbler to have the left side built up. After reading this thread from the beginning I have to wonder what ladies have thought about me . . .

HepKitty

One Too Many
I always look at shoes. I think what I notice most is whether the shoes go with the outfit. I don't mind a man wearing sandals in public, as long as his feet are clean and his toenails look well cared for, same as anyone else.
I've also been known to buy mens shoes and wear them myself if I like the style and they fit me.
So If you find that a gal is staring admiringly at your shoes, it may be that she wants a pair for herself!

Yeah that :D

Clean and in good condition. Style depends on the rest of the outfit and the guy. No dress socks with Nikes, no sweat socks with dress shoes of course. Lizzie, the tourists wearing athletic/court shoes to hold down the sidewalk can be summed up with one word: EGO

I used to check askmen.com every now and then but I got so disgusted and turned off with the barbarianism that I stopped. It's almost enough to bend a straight girl!

rue

Off topic, but I can't resist.

Two of my Red Tractors. Their shoe's are vintage Goodyear's:D
IMGP0604.jpg

How did I know you would make a comment on red tractors? :p
I don't know about those other sites but if I want advice about dress I go to either http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?31-Andy-s-Fashion-Forum or http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/. I've yet to be steered wrong. These people also ascribe to the very distinct difference between "fashion" and style! Now in my case, do to service incurred injury, my left leg is 3/4" shorter than the right so for years I have had to either get custom made shoes (www.russellmoccasin.com) or take my new ones down to my local cobbler to have the left side built up. After reading this thread from the beginning I have to wonder what ladies have thought about me . . .

I think you're swell :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80