Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Ladies notice a Man's shoes?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

:D Because tractors are red and crops are green, darn it!

I asked my husband if he would buy and restore me a little red Farmall tractor, so I could drive it around wearing my Farmall tractor t-shirts (I own several). I want to show it and drive it in the State Fair Tractor Parade. He said yes. I'm so excited, because I am going to own a little red tractor! It probably won't happen for a few years until we have the time and money, but I can't wait.

And back on topic: I never knew that cobblers still existed until a few years ago, they moved out of the cities near where I grew up, so I was under the impression they were all gone. I first went this year as there is one left in my city. I got my favorite shoes restored, which made me more happy than buying new ones. It was cheap. My shoes actually look better than new, now I just need to keep them that way. I'm also more willing to invest in much more expensive shoes because I can keep them for much longer thanks to their services.

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
The shoes I hate the most on a guy is the really long pointy dress shoes. I don't know why I hate them so much. I see a lot of guys in Las Vegas wear these types of shoes. Uhhggg....

However, as much as I hate those shoes. I don't mind cowboy boots at all. I think those shoes have a lot of character to them and I am not saying this just because Atomic Era Tom is threatening to throw his cowboy boots. lol :D

Going a bit off topic here, but I find that it's hard to find shoes I like in my size. :( It seems like the smaller shoe sizes always have more choices. I was having that problem the other day. I finally found a pair that I love though. They are an open toe flat shoe with a floral print on them. I haven't worn them yet. Really want to though. I can't wear open toe shoes (or even a print pattern one) to work. Just black or white shoes. So I end up wearing my all black converse shoes a lot.

rue

I asked my husband if he would buy and restore me a little red Farmall tractor, so I could drive it around wearing my Farmall tractor t-shirts (I own several). I want to show it and drive it in the State Fair Tractor Parade. He said yes. I'm so excited, because I am going to own a little red tractor! It probably won't happen for a few years until we have the time and money, but I can't wait.

That's right :D

I'm excited for you! When you do get it I hope you'll share pictures :)

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
The shoes I hate the most on a guy is the really long pointy dress shoes. I don't know why I hate them so much. I see a lot of guys in Las Vegas wear these types of shoes. Uhhggg....

Really, super pointy shoes? I don't think I've ever seen something like that. Except for maybe Jester shoes in an old movie about the middle-ages. Can you post a picture of one?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Round toe? You kidding me?! lol
So you like the pointy jobs, eh?

Mexican%20Pointy%20Shoes.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Scots-Irish, really. It often mystifies they English as well. ;) As Uncle Oscar once said, ‘We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language’. (The Canterville Ghost 1887)

You British people are all crazy, with your "butties" and "tossers" and "rollicking" (I'm part of the Commonwealth, I can say it! lol)

I'm not a fan of the extended toe-box either, it smacks of pretentiousness.

Last edited:
Agreed, but don't forget Blue. Our fleet of Ford Tractors have been good to us!

Not this pointy. I do have round toed boots I wear for work, since I can't wear cowboy boots there.

These are what I wear at the plant.
https://vickerswesternstore.net/catalog/images/01J490.jpg
On a related note, haven't figure out how to post pics with the new format if anyone can help me!
So you like the pointy jobs, eh?

Mexican%20Pointy%20Shoes.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
haven't figure out how to post pics with the new format
Click on the image icon......click on from URL at the top/right...................un-check Retrieve remote file and reference locally.......paste in image IRL...............hit OK.......fini!

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
My feet hurt just from looking at those things. I have a pair of medieval era suede shoes with long pointed toes that I wear in a reenactment group I belong to. I can never get out of them fast enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy