Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Ladies notice a Man's shoes?

Edward

Bartender
What are gutties??

Oops, dialect....

Strictly speaking, they're these:

plimsolls.jpg

(Definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gutties ). The term is often used to refer to trainers or "sneakers" more generally.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they are trying not to damage the leather soles on their Church's
Some shoes have such a lovely finish to the soles that it's kinda hard to wear them the first time. :eek:

7212.jpg

Edward

Bartender
That's British slang for running shoes :)

Scots-Irish, really. It often mystifies they English as well. ;) As Uncle Oscar once said, ‘We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language’. (The Canterville Ghost 1887)

Very odd. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they are trying not to damage the leather soles on their Church's

Hopefully.

Some shoes have such a lovely finish to the soles that it's kinda hard to wear them the first time. :eek:

7212.jpg

Is it wrong that I like to spend a few days stroking a new pair before they get worn and scuffed? The cats do stare at me kinda funny.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
With a finish like that, the first time wearing them it is also hard to not slip and fall down.

Edward

Bartender
With a finish like that, the first time wearing them it is also hard to not slip and fall down.

Jinkies, don't I know it.... I wore a fairly new pair of leather soled shoes out to a friend's wedding last month. That morning in London it bucketed out of the heavens, and most London pavements were like oiled glass!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I put a strip of cloth tape on the sole, running from toe to arch. It prevents slips (an old catwalk trick as models wear new shoes) and by the time it wears off the sole is sufficiently broken in.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Those are so beautiful I can't imagine someone wanting to wear them and scuff the bottoms up.
And bar foot rails can really mess up that nicely beveled waist (the black section).........or so I've heard......

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
These days, I tend to notice if a man is actually wearing *shoes* as opposed to sneakers or the like. A pair of understated, simple black or brown leather oxfords is, to me, the sign of a man of common sense.

A man ought not to wear sandals in public. Unless he's tramping over the hills of Palestine with his disciples or sword-fighting with animated skeletons on board a Grecian ship.

LizzieMaine, this made my day :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy