Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Women like "kissable lips" on their fellas?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlieH. said:
One of the reasons for which I like to have my pictures taken in black and white is my lips - They're too red!
Charlie, one of my childhood taunts was "Hey Lipstick!" I feel your pain!

Amelie

A-List Customer
for me it's really about if I prefer it or not (which I did) but, about the fact that lips are still part of the body, and just like any other parts, needs to be taking care of

most people won't let their hands be so dry that they star to be all cracked and star bleeding... so why would we do that to our lips?

I mean, you'll be staying with your body for your hole life, so I think it's better to take care of it, and who cares if you are a man or a woman? not only women deserve to have a healthy body...

MikeBravo

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
My boyfriend has really pretty, feminine lips, (he has his mother's mouth), and I love kissing him because of it. His lips aren't that big, but they have a very nice shape to them. Compared to my previous boyfriend, who had very thin, chapped lips, I'm very happy with my current man's lips!

Of course, it all depends on the individual. I'm not nearly as picky about lips as I am about teeth, or hair, or pretty much anything else!

But are you picky about noses?

oh groan, sorry about that

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Hmmm, dry cracked scaly lips......NO! Who would I??? Would you kiss a girl with lips like this?
It's actually a natural response for both males and females to lick their own lips; although most are unaware of this response; before going in for a smooch, because kissing is much more enjoyable with wet lips. It's actually kind of hard to accomplish an enjoyable kiss with a dry mouth, don't you think?
I know that some people are attracted to others with full, soft lips, like Angelina Jolie or Jessica Rabbit. Darwin actually writes about this in some of his works, has to do with an attraction to exaggerated features. A man's or woman's lips will actually become more plump just before a kiss, for blood rushes to them in excitement. It's a part of the "attraction ritual". As you well know this happens to different parts of the body. As Darwin writes about, there are many different uncontrollable means of seduction, means of attraction, who's end result is procreation. Big full lips are just the beginning:D
So, for me, kissable lips should be soft and free of chafing! They don't have to be full or plump, I was engaged to a very handsome thin lipped man. But I'd prefer if they didn't look as though the man they belonged to had leprosy of the mouth!:eek:

And that, my friends, is why we have lipstick. And why red lipstick is considered to be attractive

Dixon Cannon

I once showed a woman I knew a picture of Robert Lansing in his 'Twelve O'Clock High' uniform. She immediately said, "Wow! What great lips!". I said, "Lips!... What are you talking about???...look at that hat! That's what's great!"

On the other hand, I once told a flight attendant on an airplane what great lips she had. I thought she was going to claw my eyes out!!!... If looks could kill!!!

-dixon cannon

carebear

Dixon said:
On the other hand, I once told a flight attendant on an airplane what great lips she had. I thought she was going to claw my eyes out!!!... If looks could kill!!!

She'd read the same thing Daisy had and knew you were just angling to mate with her.

Wait, I should be less sexist and not assume it was a female flight attendant. lol

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
EEeeeK! Big, rubbery fish lips? Noooo. :eek:

Amen to the owner is more important than the body part, but jeez there is such a thing as too much.

Trivia: Once had a boyfriend who had identical upper and lower lips. If you were upside down his mouth looked exactly the same as if you were standing up. It was entertaining to do this and watch him talk.

I am, as you can tell, easily entertained.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
My sweetheart has a pretty mouth. Not too big, not too small. Anyway - I´m not looking on lips when falling in love with a person. Not every big mouth matches every face. Not every thinner lip either.

I prefer soft lips, but I have no problems with dry ones (especially now in winter were most of us have dry lips anyway)

GOK

One Too Many
Viola said:
I kinda prefer men who err on the side of low maintanence, as long as they smell good. Can I get an Amen from the ladies?

-Viola

No, no, noooo! I put a lot of effort into my appearance - I expect the object** of my affection to as well. I don't care for scruffy men - whether in attitude or appearance!

** I don't view men as objects!

Lips? Certainly not chapped or peeling - who on earth in their right mind would even consider that this might be attractive? [huh] I'm not bothered about whether a man has bee-stung lips (although I don't relish the idea of a snogging experience something akin to a sink plunger!) or thin ones - it's what he does with them that is important and whether his kiss elicits the desired reaction from me. I've kissed men that were devastatingly handsome, only to find they did nothing for me. I've found myself drawn to one or two men that whilst not conventionally handsome, had a certain je ne sais quois, and whose kisses completely set me on fire.

So it's not the lips - it's the man - but he better not have chapped ones! ;)

Emmababy said:
Important when single, but not so once married or seeing a sweetheart.

Ummmm.....no, I cannot agree with you, Emma. It is hugely important IMO to keep romance and attraction alive in relationships. Kissing is one of the most wonderfully sensual and erotic things two people can do - why let all that go to waste just because you have been with them awhile? Kissing rocks! lol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
carebear said:
She'd read the same thing Daisy had and knew you were just angling to mate with her.

Wait, I should be less sexist and not assume it was a female flight attendant. lol

And perhaps work on that subtlety thing.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
GOK said:
No, no, noooo! I put a lot of effort into my appearance - I expect the object** of my affection to as well. I don't care for scruffy men - whether in attitude or appearance!

** I don't view men as objects!

Lips? Certainly not chapped or peeling - who on earth in their right mind would even consider that this might be attractive? [huh] I'm not bothered about whether a man has bee-stung lips (although I don't relish the idea of a snogging experience something akin to a sink plunger!) or thin ones - it's what he does with them that is important and whether his kiss elicits the desired reaction from me. I've kissed men that were devastatingly handsome, only to find they did nothing for me. I've found myself drawn to one or two men that whilst not conventionally handsome, had a certain je ne sais quois, and whose kisses completely set me on fire.

So it's not the lips - it's the man - but he better not have chapped ones! ;)

Ummmm.....no, I cannot agree with you, Emma. It is hugely important IMO to keep romance and attraction alive in relationships. Kissing is one of the most wonderfully sensual and erotic things two people can do - why let all that go to waste just because you have been with them awhile? Kissing rocks! lol

GOK, I so agree with your last statment...kissing is the best. And it doesn't matter thin or full it is what the man does with them!

Shellie

Daisy Buchanan

GOK said:
I think poor Emma here has been misunderstood. I don't see, in any manner, her saying that it's not important to keep romance and attraction alive in relationships. I think, IMO and tell me if I'm getting you wrong here Emma, that she was saying that once you've been in a relationship for a while, chapped lips really aren't a big worry. Of course, they bother her, for she would like to be able to give her love a smooch. But, I didn't see her write anywhere that this has anything to do with keeping romance alive or attraction thriving.
I understand what she's saying. When you are single and going on a date, looking for that wonderful significant other, you'd prefer that his lips be soft, so called kissable, not chapped or crusty. But, as we all know, cold weather happens, and sometimes no matter how much chapstick a person uses, sometimes their lips get dried out. When you've been in a relationship with someone for a long time, this is the least of your worries:) Your still gonna love the guy, and believe me you can still have plenty of romance without a kiss on the lips (although I do see kissing as a very romantic gesture). All Emma was saying was that if your in love with the guy already, you accept him for who he is, chapped lips and all....She never said that because she was in a relationship for a long time, that she was letting romance go away. Only that she was so in love that not even her boyfriends chapped lips bother her.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Viola said:
Well, not-messed-up-looking is good. Not so sensitive that you can't, as Emma said, kiss them. Beyond that... I don't think John Wayne worried if his lips were kissable.

I kinda prefer men who err on the side of low maintanence, as long as they smell good. Can I get an Amen from the ladies?

-Viola

You can get an Amen from me. Now I just got to work on the smelling good part.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
LadyDeWinter said:
Well, as a lot of you said, it depends on the man. But I really don't want to kiss a man with pierced lips or tongue. I can't imaging that.

The reason I got my lip pierced was because an ex had a lip piercing and it felt soo nice to kiss him. But I guess that one depends on taste. Not kissed a guy with a tongue piercing yet though..

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
It's times like these when I wish Marc Chevelier were still a Fedora Lounger. He'd have said something terribly funny by now.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
carebear said:
ladies,

What about thin lips versus big pillowy numbers, that sort of thing? What men (feel free to use celebs) have the lips you long to kiss?

(see LC, this gives them the chance to post pictures of movie stars. That makes them think about movie stars and puts them "in the mood". Once they're "in the mood", they can be easily tricked into taking "Mr. Right Now" because "Mr. Right" is unavailable. Mwa-ha, mwa-ha-ha-ha)

I once heard Andre Breton's full lower lip as being described as giving him the 'libidinous power of the leader'. I'm not sure what that means but it sounds appealing to me!

I know father of surrealism isn't a movie star, but I've always wanted to use that quote lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran