Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Eeesh. I feel for you, Rondo.

I think Hadley has a great public amongst fellas here on the FL, due to her photogenic avatars and the aura of mystery surrounding her.

I have a few other board crushes, one of whom knows her status. I'll just say she is a New England brunette and leave it at that.

shebagrl

Familiar Face
Mojito said:
Now, if I did express a fancy for an historical figure, it would have to be Irish patriot Michael Collins - he could certainly carry off both a hat and uniform. I'd think L E G Oates quite yummy too, if he wasn't such a misogynist (although I think that has been a little overstated).

Oh I never thought of Michael Collins -- nice choice Mojito!

I am embarassed terribly by this, but I swoon over Josh Harnett. Just something about him that makes me all weak in the knees.

John Wayne circa 1930, a la The Big Trail. So young and handsome!

A young Gary Cooper...

There are just entirely too many handsome fellas out there to not have crushes on a few ;)

shebagrl

Familiar Face
sweetfrancaise said:
Ooh, depends. I've gotten trapped in that before--developing a crush because the idea was fun, it was easy, improbable. And it backfired--every time, I think. So, easier, no, since the consequences were heavier than expected. About the same, maybe?

But having crushes on celebrities, those are delightfully implausible.

I have to agree with you Sweetfrancaise -- it's never worked out in real life for me, either. I think I end up disappointed because I enjoyed the idea of the person more than who the person turns out to be. There really is something to keeping some mystery about a person, isn't there? I'm thankful that I found someone to have a crush on every day for almost ten years. No mystery, but there sure are pleasant surprises ;)

And you're too right about celebrities and well said!

Edward

Bartender
nyx said:
I, myself, have a little crush on Mr. Edward, because a) he does Rocky b) he enjoys little Britain, and c) I have yet to actually see what he looks like outside of makeup, which makes him mysterious--sort of like V in V for Vendetta. :p

:eek: Aw, bless you. I'm blushing now. There are photos of me on the Lounge, somewhere, out of make up, but don't disillusion yourself by seeking them out. ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Eeesh. I feel for you, Rondo.

I think Hadley has a great public amongst fellas here on the FL, due to her photogenic avatars and the aura of mystery surrounding her.

I have a few other board crushes, one of whom knows her status. I'll just say she is a New England brunette and leave it at that.

All of the lounger who has a crush on Hadley H please say aye!

AYE!!!!!!!!:whistling

Kishtu

Practically Family
Oh, that's right, make the rest of us girls feel inadequate.... sheesh.....

:rollseyes:

Well my cat loves me!

I was told once (by my first husband, no less) that I should "marry a guy like Jimmy Stewart". Sadly, for my second marriage, I opted for a guy more like Mickey Rourke and am now 0 for 2! At least I got my gorgeous daughter, Ava, out of the 2nd marriage......

So you can perhaps understand why my crushes range from Jimmy Stewart to William Powell to Paul Newman to Clark Gable to Frank Sinatra. I know the good guys are good for me but the attraction to the arse-hats is tough to overcome.

Hoping for better luck next time (and hoping for a next time, even!)

Ang

nyx

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
:eek: Aw, bless you. I'm blushing now. There are photos of me on the Lounge, somewhere, out of make up, but don't disillusion yourself by seeking them out. ;)

Well, now that you've issued the challenge, I shall have to find them! lol

Edward

Bartender
nyx said:
Well, now that you've issued the challenge, I shall have to find them! lol

Actually, now I think about it, the photo I had in mind I do have just the teeniest touch of mascara on - just to bring out the eyes, you understand. ;) Otherwise it's au naturel - and it shows! :eek:

deelovely

Practically Family
Edward said:
Actually, now I think about it, the photo I had in mind I do have just the teeniest touch of mascara on - just to bring out the eyes, you understand. ;) Otherwise it's au naturel - and it shows! :eek:
Ok... I am really curious now!! Where is this photo??!:p

Edward

Bartender
BegintheBeguine said:
Was that the one where I said you have beautiful eyes?

I think it might have been... :eek: Though I'm sure you're too kind - they're a little out of focus as I was (shamefully, given the early hour, but it was san early start too!) a teeny weeny bit tipsy when it was taken. :eusa_doh:

nyx

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
I think it might have been... :eek: Though I'm sure you're too kind - they're a little out of focus as I was (shamefully, given the early hour, but it was san early start too!) a teeny weeny bit tipsy when it was taken. :eusa_doh:

Ok, don't make me look any more. You have over a thousand posts, and I can't possibly open ALL of them. I spent a good 20 minutes on this, I'll have you know. Twenty minutes that I should have been hard at work instead of trolling posts looking for a man with mascara on. :D

Spill where that picture is.

deelovely

Practically Family
nyx said:
Ok, don't make me look any more. You have over a thousand posts, and I can't possibly open ALL of them. I spent a good 20 minutes on this, I'll have you know. Twenty minutes that I should have been hard at work instead of trolling posts looking for a man with mascara on. :D

Yes please, SPILL!!!!lol :D

Starius

Practically Family
nyx said:

Logical searching, my dear nyx, logical searching! Where might a Edward post pics of himself? Why, the Men of the Lounge thread of course!

Why don't you take a gander here and here for your Edward viewing needs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy