Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you use Mary Kay Cosemteics?

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
Any one here else use Mary Kay? I do I was just wondering what you guys think of it.. and is it good for "vintage" looks? I love there oil free makeup remover and there cream eyeshadows, the creme lip sticks are awesome to ! :rolleyes:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I use MaryKay mineral eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. None of their foundations really go well with my skin tone, so I use Besame foundation and powder. I have a couple MK lipsticks, but I've never been very happy with them. I prefer Besame or Revlon lipstick.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
It's been a while since I tried MK make up, and it wasn't my favorite. For the money, I felt I should love it, and it was never anything more than average to me. Plus, they don't have much by way of dramatic colors, which I love. Their skin care, on the other hand, is divine, and I'd use nothing but if I could afford it.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I use Mary Kay Foundation and love it. After I ran out of a tube, I tried going with another brand, but it wasn't nearly as good. So back to Mary Kay I went.

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
I use their pressed minerla powder. eyeliner, tinted lip blam, I love it.. my freinds a Mary Kay consultant to i keep it in business.:)

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I have seriously considered becoming a consultant, just so I could have access to their skin care at lower prices. And throw girly parties :)

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I agree that their skin care products are better than the makeup side of things.

:eek:fftopic: I was briefly a consultant in the late 90's....I say briefly because I had no idea what I was getting into after having been suckered into it by my cousin who was also a consultant.

If you are considering it, DO NOT let yourself get talked into buying a lot of product up front! It may vary from region to region, but the unit I was in was very aggressive towards training, sales, recruiting, etc. It is, after all, a glorified pyramid scheme where the person who recruits you then gets a commission check based on a percentage of however much product you sell.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It was the same thing with me! Not only did I feel like I was pressured to sign up, but I felt pressured to bug all my friends to sign up or host the parties. It was very stressful and anxiety causing.

Lillemor

One Too Many
A daughter in-law of my dad's ex-wife talked my dad in to buying a few of their skin products for me and I didn't find them spectacular. We don't have the brand here as far as I know. I don't feel good about these home selling schemes where you have to push yourself on to people you know and who trust you privately. I wouldn't make a good sales person any way.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Another former MK consultant here. The product was nice until Mary Kay Ash died in 2000 and the company started reformulating all the products. The skin care remains the best in their line, but I've never been a fan of the color cosmetics. Once my product ran out, I happened to be at the Chanel counter of my local fancy department store and tried out Chanel makeup. Spendy to be sure, but I *love* the foundation, powder, lipsticks, and mascara, all of which are superior to MK and all the other drug store brands.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Yep another former consultant. And I bought a TON of product. Never again. I used up most of it but I never cared for their color products. Dried out my skin terribly and the lipsticks were the worst (for me anyway).

buddy5909

One of the Regulars
I've never liked Mary Kay. Made my skin break out. :eek: Pus, anytime I'd buy anything they always wanted you to join. Like I don't know enough May Kay ladies already. lol

HepKitty

One Too Many
I tried their stuff a long time ago because a friend's mother sold it, but it felt nasty on my skin and it made existing problems worse. didn't like the colors of the eye makeup either. it's expensive besides, for the money I'd rather buy Revlon. which I've recently found to be amazing, thanks to the ladies of FL. another one I refuse to waste money on is Avon, that stuff breaks me out worse than MK!

maisie

Practically Family
The only product I liked was there creme lipstick in paprika, one of the best lipsticks I owned a perfect brick red, but as always with good products they discontinued it! Oh well....

jacqueline101

New in Town
I use and sell Mary Kay I have to say I love the whole line up. I use the time wise moisturizer for my skin and the make up. I cant wear too many brands and that is one I can wear so I am going to stick to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany