Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs 2 OUNCER

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
That's what this Dobbs says on the sweatband. I just got this hat today and it is an extremely lightweight hat, hence the name "2 OUNCER". It also has a corrigated sweatband along the back. It resembles the stetson playboy in weight and the way they left the edge of the brim raw except for some stitching along it. I believe this style of felt hat was made to wear specifically in the summer as it has no liner and it being so light. I got it along with a hat box, both look like they just came off the showroom floor for $31.00. A lot better deal than $510. that's for sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8180536275&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

regards fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I like your hat

Very nice hat. I like them light also. Fl. is hot 9 months a year.

The Fino Fino I got from Panamabob weighted 1.1 oz. The Beaver from Fedora Was under 2.1 oz. I had them weighted at the Post Office. :)

Now thats with sweat,ribbon , liner etc. Art Fawcett hats are as light as a feather also. This may be year 2005 but i'm seeing Quality like the old days. :cool:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
This hat is the lightest that I have in my collection. It is even slightly lighter than my Stetson Playboy. I put a modified c-crown in it and that helped the crown to maintain its shape. I typically like the straight center dent, but it wouldn't hold because the felt was so light and thin. I was surprised at the shape it's in. The inside looks literally brand new, never worn, the felt is also immaculate. It amazes me that 50 to 60 year old hats that are virtually unworn are still showing up. It has a 5 3/4 inch crown with a 2 5/8ths brim.

regards fedoralover

Victor

One of the Regulars
That hat looks just like my Stetson Open Road. Also resembles the "seabiscuit" hat alot. Great deal!

Gee Fed, does it look a lot like this now? ;)

Richs-Dobbs3.jpg

Richs-Dobbs2.jpg

Richs-Dobbs.jpg

Not bad after a little massaging and hand blocking. Quite a nice hat enjoy.

Regards to all,

J

It sure was. The Dobbs looks much better without the super high unblocked crown. I didn't think you were going to wear it out that way. ;)
The modern Dobbs hats really frustrate me when I look at such nice examples they used to produce. I guess it is good that they are still producing dress hats---unlike Resistol, Dunlap and a host of other names that have went by the wayside. :cry:

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR