Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Oc's fedora

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I watched Spiderman 2 last night and was surprised to see that for one scene Doc Oc was wearing a fedora. Does anyone know who provided it for the film? Just curious.

fedoralover

Dalexs

Practically Family
Oh, do you mean this one...

sm2_17005.jpg

And then his boss wears this one...

raimi.jpg

I would be interested in knowing as well.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Yup, that's the one. Thanks for posting the pics of it. By the way I thought the movie was great. I read those comic books when they first came out.

regards fedoralover

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
Think folks are going to call us "Doc-Ock" and not Indidana Jones for a while?

Geez, I hope not. I would rather be a hero than a villan. :D
How about all those characters from Seabiscuit? They all had a decent looking hat on as well. :cool: All the cool movies have dudes with fedoras on and by extrapolation---all cool dudes wear fedoras. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Fedoralover,
I read somewhere that the director is a fedora fan and wears Optimo but I can't remember where I read it. It's worth looking into though. The one above could be an Optimo, but I need to see a more clear picture of the brim treatment. It looks like a Cav edge from this angle which would make it vintage. If it's an overwelt it's probably an Optimo

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Originally posted by jamespowers
Geez, I hope not. I would rather be a hero than a villan. :D
How about all those characters from Seabiscuit? They all had a decent looking hat on as well. :cool: All the cool movies have dudes with fedoras on and by extrapolation---all cool dudes wear fedoras. ;)

Regards to all,

J

I double dog-dare you to name me ONE movie that couldn't be made better with the hero's wearing fedoras.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not the chicks

I took my son to see SPIDERMAN 2 today...and they had a preview of CATWOMAN........Halle Berry. She won't look good in a fedora, but the leather outfit and whip........oh my Gawd..she is the hottest babe in the movies.

STHill

One of the Regulars
Simmer down, Andykev. A man of your advanced age has gotta be careful about getting your heart rate up that high.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wed not DEAD

You know, Halle Berry is proof that at 46 I am not DEAD. WWWWWWWWWWWOoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo!
If you haven't seen the preview....she looks hotter than in that James Bond film.
She is such a classy woman. Forgive my "wolfishness" but I know talent.

Zane

Suspended
Fedoralover,
I am 99% sure it is a standard issue Bollman hat compny issue ( has the exact block of a Bollman stamper or if not an F&M. I do not think it is a furfelt hat in fact.

Originally posted by Art Fawcett
How about the Hulk....you think Dave has a big head!!!

Come to think of it, the hulk always ruined his clothes when he changed. Imagine if he had a 6 7/8 hat on his head and changed to a 7 7/8! The poor hat would be a goner. :( They would have to destroy a few dozen hats for the movie. :eek:
Maybe they could get David to be a body double for the Hulk's head. LOL LOL LOL Wait a minute..... There is probably good money in being a body double! I could stand in for the money shots. LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

havershaw

Practically Family
I thought Spider-Man 2 was pretty great as well...

...but the big thing for me was getting to see a nice, long trailer for The Aviator. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

rick5150

One of the Regulars
I watched Spiderman 2 last night and was surprised to see that for one scene Doc Oc was wearing a fedora.

It may just be the particular picture, but the felt looks very rough and a pretty thick as well. The edge of the brim has a groove that resembles a wool felt hat I had (before I acquired taste).

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Zane wrote

Fedoralover,
I am 99% sure it is a standard issue Bollman hat compny issue ( has the exact block of a Bollman stamper or if not an F&M. I do not think it is a furfelt hat in fact.

Well of course it is. Its the same wool felt hat that sells on Ebay for $78.00. by some Ebay sellers. I believe dealer cost is under $5.00. Next time why don't you just post a link since you always know so much. Isn't that your job on here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou