Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Downton Abbey style dress

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hey ladies I am looking for a gown to wear to my huabands Military ball I really like the dress below that Lady Mary wears in season 1 of Downton Abbey. I am not sure about the red only because in am a red head. But any vintage style gown would do I have a while to look but I just haven't found anything I really like yet. Any ideas where I could look?
image_zps0e5a7991.jpg

St. Louis

Practically Family
Can you sew? Didn't Simplicity carry a line of Titanic era gown patterns a while back? If not Simplicity, then check out Sense and Sensibility. They have a pattern that would work pretty well. I can't imagine where you could get a reasonably priced version of such a gown. You might browse around ebay for a designer named Nataya, who did a lot of 'teens style designs. Good luck! Sounds like a lovely event.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I second the vote for Victorian Trading Company. They also have great customer service - a while back I was looking at purchasing a bag from them, but the one picture in the catalog wasn't very good, so I emailed them asking some details about the bag. They pulled one from stock, took a ton of photos from all different angles & the interior, and emailed them to me. Really nice folks!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I second the vote for Victorian Trading Company. They also have great customer service - a while back I was looking at purchasing a bag from them, but the one picture in the catalog wasn't very good, so I emailed them asking some details about the bag. They pulled one from stock, took a ton of photos from all different angles & the interior, and emailed them to me. Really nice folks!

Yes, I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I even visited their store in Kansas City. They have a lovely Victorian parlor where you can have parties and get-togethers. Their store is gorgeous.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Nataya is pricey (she's also the designer for the majority of Victorian Trading Co.'s clothing), but you can find her stuff on sale if you search the web. I wore one of her designs to a friends Downton Abbey party, and received a number of compliments. Check ebay for her, and also do a web search for "Nataya sale", to see what comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy