Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E mail aker ALERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Hello members seeing as I'm usually looking on this area of the forum and putting replies etc , I wanted to ALERT all members that my e mail has been hacked by someone pretending to be "Me" not only using a very similar e mail,
webeemblems@ymail.com but using my real name and knickname , DO NOT open any with the above e mail adress, it is only different as to the @............

I have been getting calls/e mails about this jerk already, he claims to be stuck overseas lost his passport and credit cards and needs a loan to get home , I don't know how this guy did this but am sorry for any trouble it may cause members, be on the look out for this one > webeemblems@ymail.com

I will probably need to get my PC totally reworked, maybe even a new harddrive because of this idiot, I have a good Anti virus/spam etc program , but I guess somehow via the e mail side he hacked into it, wiped out my contact files and "saved mail" section , which I really needed some stuff on it , oh well, live and learn, I just wish these "people" would leave other peoples PC's alone:eusa_doh: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
That happened to a friend of mine about two months ago. She relies heavily on her e-mail for her business. All of her clients received that exact e-mail about being stuck overseas and needing money. I think she was more embarrassed than anything that an e-mail like that went out to her clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot