Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman B-2 - RAF style (or when is a B-2 not a B-2?)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
While walking my dogs during a particulary sharp cold spell I was thinking that I should have a cap with ear protection. My thoughts immediately fell to the USAAF B-2 cap, and I went online to check prices. I was looking at Eastman's B-2s when I noticed that they had a B-2 style cap made to match the Irvin flight jacket, and it was half the price of a regular B-2. Since I have an Irvin (and was wearing it that evening while walking the dogs) I thought it would be a great match. I wasn't looking for authenticity as much as style and comfort. I ordered a 7 1/2 (their largest) hoping it would fit my 7 5/8 pumpkin head with a little stretching. It arrived Monday, and I was quite pleased that I didn't have to stretch it at all. It's just comfortably snug.
I'm very pleased with it, especially since it cost only 25 pounds as opposed to 50 (for their standard B-2). I noticed Monday evening that they no longer offer this cap on their website. I wonder if I got one of the last ones?
Here are some photos.
000_0022.jpg

000_0024.jpg

000_0023.jpg

Troglodyte

Familiar Face
Still Available, It Seems...

Kilroy,

I'm always bumping into your posts on the forum, similar interests I guess.

From reading your post about this hat on the repro Irvin thread (on a day where my hair turned icy as I shoveled snow), I decided to get one. It's waiting for me at home now, I'll get to try it on Sunday (I'm always traveling).

Now I'm even more excited about the hat after seeing your pictures! It's COLD outside!

Best,
Trog

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I hope you'll like yours as much as I like mine. I'll be wearing mine tomorrow and Saturday for sure - the weather forecast is for 12" to 18" (or more) of snow. The B-2 and Irvin will keep me warm while shoveling. :)

Troglodyte

Familiar Face
Too Small

Received it, and it's too small! Arrgh. Great hat, though.

And you did indeed get one of the last ones--they are not making them any more, as I discovered when I tried to order a larger one.

Maybe I'll sell the one I have (fits 7 1/8) to partially finance a different one. It's STILL cold here!

Trog

Troglodyte

Familiar Face
Hat Stretching

KilroyCD said:
I ordered a 7 1/2 (their largest) hoping it would fit my 7 5/8 pumpkin head with a little stretching.

How would you have stretched it?

Trog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21