Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman (ELMC) Throws Their Hat in the J-100 Ring

pawineguy

One Too Many
On IG, to be released next month. The pattern really reminds me of the DD J-100 (new pattern), which makes sense as I am sure Eastman is working from an original just as DD and JC did. Upper arms are pretty large and sleeves have a significant pre-curve. They also state it will be made from HH.

IMG_0811.PNG

Looks nice, I love Eastman's jackets but do we really need another J-100? Wouldn't it make more sense to repro any of the other similar yet distinct & fantastic mandarin collared racers, like the Brooks, Beck, Fidelity, early Harley Davidson, Bristol, Lesco, Brimaco, Taubers, etc. etc. etc.?

Fidelity CR
tumblr_mq5rebZhRr1r9rnkno1_r1_1280.jpg

Reactions: A-1

devilish

A-List Customer
That Tauber's is very nice indeed. The thing that is a personal turn off with some of the other racers out there is the action back/shoulders. It defeats the whole aesthetic for me. Turning a simple, clean design into something fussy.
My GW J-100 has an amazing range of motion without the need for this added stuff. So I as a customer would steer clear of such things. Just me. I know others will disagree.

I hear you devilish and I agree that the gusset-less racers look neater and more in the style of the design, but this is a motorcycling jacket so in terms of functionality, shoulder gussets do come in handy on a bike - but look at these beauties! This is what I'm talking about; fresh, interesting and fun take on the ever so popular racing shirt style. How many J-100's do we have now? Five?

czt_1248.jpg

mtc_12793.jpg

mtc_b127922.jpg

cct_1260_1.jpg

belopsky

One of the Regulars
that green one is amazing. i dont need it. probably cant afford it, but its awesome. ive been looking t engineer boots in that color which i also cant afford

Can't decide whether I like green or blue more. Not that it matters, can't afford either. Blue, though. I like blue one more. Just a tiny bit more.

14-21a.JPG

Vintage-Bates-Jacket-4-e1383150153411.jpg

Oh! And I apologize for straying off topic. Well, semi-straying since this is still related to the mandarin collared racer jackets. Just that, nice of Eastman to release a J-100 repro but I think that at this point in time, we all know everything there's to be known about it. So here's a wonderful photo of one. RMC, I think?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love those Cafe Racers.....mustn't think about the ELC one.....must keep credit card in wallet.

ProteinNerd

I'd love one of the Thedi washed green jackets but I don't know if I could pull it off enough to get a decent amount of wear out of it.

Superfluous

Some amazing jackets in this thread. I too would love to see more Beck 666 repros. Toys McCoys makes one, but its too short for me.

That said, I don't fault ELMC for going with the Buco J-100. Its an iconic design that is in high demand among most jacket buyers who have no idea about other mandarin collar moto jackets. In other words, its a safe bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko