Eastman Erich Hartmann - Whaddya think?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by westportrich, Jul 2, 2019.

1. westportrich

westportrich One of the Regulars

Hello Gentleman, I just received my Erich Hartmann jacket. Purchased from History Preservation (by the way, Charles the rep is terrific to work with...A real class act). I'm pleased with the jacket, the mid to lighter weight "Capeskin" is luxurious and sort of velvety, very pliable, not stiff in any way. The jacket slides on and off easily which I like. I'm turned off with jackets that are hard to get on/off. I gotta tell ya, I really like the Eastman product (I have two, the California and this one) they are top notch quality and the look and feel of their jackets surpasses many others I've owned and or handled. Anyway, I thought I'd share. Good Day!

Attached Files:

2. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Nice looking jacket. Congrats!

3. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Nice jacket with a good fit.

4. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Very good fit, jacket looks very nice - congrats also from my side!

5. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Excellent! This is a jacket I have been close to buying several times on the secondary market. This is as nice of this ELMC style as I have seen.

I've owned a couple of ELMC jackets and they are something special. I've got one coming in the mail and this post has me enthused!

AeroFan_07, jonesy86 and willyto like this.
  6. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

Very good fit and cool design!

7. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Really like that jacket. Seems iike a leather windbreaker and drapes really nicely.

8. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Very nice, it looks like it'll be easy to wear, which is the important thing, judging by how often I wear my Eastman G-1 instead of all my other jackets.

9. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

That style looks much better worn in these pictures than in the pics I've seen of it just flat by itself!

Looks like a keeper

10. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Looks perfect.. I've had one in the past and can reaffirm your enthusiasm.. these are great jackets..

11. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Got one here too..love it :)

12. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

I have had 3 Eastman Luftwaffe jackets over the last 30 years, loved them all. ( One of them near to death , needing relining here in Australia 15 years ago or so !)

Never had an Eastman Hartmann , but have had a goat leather "copy" out of Singapore.

This post has got me thinkin' ! Looks the goods...

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  13. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I like that one a lot, Eastman's capeskin is lovely stuff, I have it in an A-1.

bn1966 likes this.
  14. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

My ELC A-1 earns it's keep & now has plenty of character (stains & wrinkles)..TBH the Cape hide put me onto the Hartmann..which I wear when I want to be more 'dressy'. Colder weather sees the Ostmann rolled out....

HPA Rep likes this.
  15. CBI

CBI One Too Many

great fit!!!!!

16. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

Looks excellent. What are the pockets like to use?

17. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Very nice, great fit!

18. westportrich

westportrich One of the Regulars

The chest pockets are great. The zippers work very well! The little pockets in front are essentially worthless...Sort of more for style. Easy to wear is the key for me. Slipping a jacket on and off easily enhances the ownership experience for me. If you like the looks of this style you will love owning it. It's not one of those jackets that give you buyers remorse if you know what I mean.

bn1966 and HPA Rep like this.
  19. HPA Rep

HPA Rep Vendor

Thanks for sharing the info. and the photos. And thank you for the kind words, too - I try hard and I sincerely am flattered to know my efforts paid off! I am personally delighted this all worked out so well for you. The look and fit are dead on and that is about as good as it gets in this style.

ELC capeskin is really special stuff and I love it. It's amazingly robust and tough, yet just as you described so well - velvety! Hartmann and an A-1 are both in my closet and I wish ELC would craft something in a civilian style rom this hide.

Please enjoy in good health. And just give a shout should you have any questions.

AeroFan_07, jonesy86 and bn1966 like this.
  20. heron163

heron163 One of the Regulars

Your comments about the character of the capeskin are spot on. I was concerned about durability but after wearing that A1, I am convinced it is up for the task... and Charles at HPA offers unparalleled personalized service. Enjoy the jacket - it is truly a classic.

HPA Rep and bn1966 like this.