Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EASTMAN "War Horse" question

Burnsie

When I got my "daily wearer" Real Deal A-2 Aero was the only maker I knew of doing unmatched hides. Now I see Good Wear is stating that their hides are "what the animal provides". This has me wondering - I haven't seen Eastman's War Horse hide in person, is it natural unmatched hide or do they work on the leather to create grain? Not that I'm considering another jacket purchase....!?

Mike K.

One Too Many
Well if they can take cowhide and make it look like crocodile or ostrich hide, or add that hideous "distressed" look, I'm guessing they simply run it through a press with a "grain" texture or abuse it in some other sort of way.

My advice - - Go for best! Go with a Good Wear!

Burnsie

Thanks - I was suspicious with all the chatter about how long they "worked on" this hide, and I've seen some crummy cow pressed to look like goat...I'm pretty pleased with my Aero but I have been looking at the Good Wear site alot lately!
Any one got War Horse and can weigh in?

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Two thumbs up on "Warhorse"

I've got Eastman's Werber A-2 in the "Warhorse" horsehide. I can't detect any repetitive pattern on any of the jacket panels. Either Eastman did a perfect job of pressing grain into it or it's just natural. I personally think it is the latter.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Eastman but with the US dollar in the toilet, that won't happen anytime soon. :(

Noel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav